1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 Honda Civic Mugen Si Sedan (No 56K)

Discussion in '06-Up Civic' started by EastEndMotorSports, Nov 1, 2006.

1. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Honda Announces Plans to Sell Factory-Prepared Mugen Civic for the First Time in U.S.

Honda revealed a prototype Civic Mugen Si Sedan prepared by legendary Honda tuner Mugen equipped with a high performance suspension, forged aluminum wheels, aerodynamic body styling and a sport exhaust system at the 2006 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show. Planned for production in a limited quantity of 500 units a year, the Civic Mugen Si will be available at U.S. Honda dealers starting in spring 2007 with a manufacturer's suggested retail price of less than $30,000 and a full factory warranty.

"Enthusiasts have equated the name Mugen with JDM Honda performance for decades, and with the introduction of the Civic Si Sedan, the time is right for the two companies to once again join forces," said John Mendel, senior vice president of American Honda. "A Mugen-tuned vehicle available directly from the factory provides the ultimate level of performance, quality and refinement in a specially-tuned car."

The track tuned suspension, tested at the Twin Ring Motegi racing circuit in Japan, lowers the vehicle by 0.6 inches with aggressive spring and damper tuning for enhanced handling performance while still maintaining a high level of ride comfort. Compared to the stock Civic Si Sedan, front and rear damping force (both bump and rebound) was increased between 8- and 24-percent (the rate varies depending on condition). Lightweight 16.7-pound 18x7.5-inch forged aluminum wheels (27 percent lighter than the stock 17x7 alloy wheel) and high-grip BFGoodrich g-Force KDW 215/40 ZR18 summer tires help to further create Mugen's rewarding and well-balanced handling performance character.

The full-vehicle aero-package adds a front spoiler with a sports grille (with special Mugen Si emblem), side spoilers, a rear bumper diffuser and a rear wing. The sports exhaust system reduces exhaust system back pressure from the catalytic converter back, resulting in an enhanced power curve. Additional accoutrements include front and rear Mugen emblems outside. Inside, a serial number placard is located on the instrument panel along with a spherical 50 mm Mugen shift knob.

The name Mugen symbolizes Honda performance throughout Asia and around the globe. Mugen, under license by M-TEC Co., Ltd., of Japan, has been closely associated with Honda for more than three decades in the design and manufacture of racing and premium aftermarket performance products.

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/civic_si_sedan.asp

2. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    finally, Mugen parts that were designed specifically for an actual vehicle we have in America, well one that we will have very soon. :) :woot: !!

3. EastEndMotorSports

Start a Conversation
    this thing is sexy as hell, i just wish there was a picture of the engine bay. the only thing that would increase power as stated is the exhaust system which would increase flywheel hp to a little over 200?

4. BRANDON

BRANDON New Member

Start a Conversation
    i sure hope that front grill is interchangeable w/the 07 coupes...

DANIEL? any word on JDM parts for the 07 CIVIC COUPES yet?

5. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    hmm, the front ends aren't the same dimensions between the coupe and the sedan? to my untrained eyes they look pretty close to being identical. i dunno, when it comes to the newer cars i'm pretty uneducated...guess it's time to start studying up:) it's a toss up between a Fit, or an Si sedan now when i get my new car...damn you Honda.

6. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    honda's kinda got me pondering buying the new Si sedan to compliment my 97...this Mugenized one looks super sexy...i really like that shift knob too. i can't stop drooling:)

7. EastEndMotorSports

Start a Conversation
    the shift knob is exclusive to the car, and i think the rear diffuser looks bad ass