1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help crankwalk (sux bad!)

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi' started by houston713, Jul 6, 2010.

1. houston713

houston713 New Member

Start a Conversation
    ok, i'm not a gear head or even close, but i am machinically inclined. so of course i have a '95 elcipse gs-t (auto), and i just got it less than 6mths ago, and it came down with a case of crankwalk. i know it can be fixed, and i know that the only permenant fix it switching blocks. however, i a bit confused on which block is the one with the problem, 6 bolt or 7 bolt? (i havent had time to look at my block to see which it is, i know i'd have an answer if i just did that, and it's at my ex's, u know how that goes) BUT, i'm not there yet!, although it'd be much more efficient to do a block swap while i'm at it, i'm just going to replace the thrust bear for now. i've never taken the bottom of a engine apart before so this will be a fun learning experience. i've been told that i need to check it piston rings, crankshaft, lifter rods,.....ect. is all this necessary? when it came down with the sickness it happened really quick, like 24hrs quick. i hear a the tick for about 24hrs, and the next thing i know, it dosent start, which i'm guessing is the crankshaft position sensor. so what am i getting i to? i'll take all the tips and help i can get from those who have gotten the illness, or just know what their talking about. thanks!