1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help....i have a question

Discussion in '90-93 Integra' started by Mzz.D.A, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Mzz.D.A

Mzz.D.A New Member

Start a Conversation
    well....i recently bought a 90 da teggy and ive noticed that the fuel pump might be going bad.....but my question is, is the fuel pump inder the gas tank?? Because when my car is parked in an angle it wount turn on......like its not getting any gas...... Idk much about teggys i know more about accords......and supras...if u can please help id gradly appreciate it :) thanks guys.....

Mzz.d.a

2. Maikeru

Maikeru New Member

Start a Conversation
    Usually the gas tank is somewhat pressurized, so it shouldn't matter if the car is on an angle. And an Accord and Integra...and even Toyota's, all pretty much have the same design...so it shouldn't matter.

Your fuel filter may be clogged, so you can start there. It's cheap and part of regular maintenance anyway.Otherwise, you may need a new pump. ANd are you sure it's the fuel?

3. Mzz.D.A

Mzz.D.A New Member

Start a Conversation
    hmmm....

hmmm.....i thought so......i was thinking the same....either the filter or the pump..... Im pretty sure its that....cus everything else works fine....it just feels and sound like its not giving any gas.....hmmmm ill check it out....thanks :)

4. der_meister_08

der_meister_08 New Member

Start a Conversation
    i have had the same problem, my fuel pump wouldnt prime before it started. dont know why i checked everything and i looked ok. i just let it sit for a few and it started right up. sorry, im not much help just like to say stuff lol

5. kwint

kwint New Member

Start a Conversation
    Did you check the main fuel relay? They're known for bad soldering from the factory.