1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Integra drop

Discussion in '94-01 Integra' started by JDMswagSerf, Nov 16, 2011.

1. JDMswagSerf

JDMswagSerf New Member

Start a Conversation
    Hello everyone, I have a 95 integra and it is pretty dumped!
    It is dropped four.5 in. all around, i dropped it on my stock shocks and some cheap springs, at first i didnt mind the bouncyness, but now i am tired of it& i dont want girls bouncing all over the place when i take them out haha.

So are there any shocks that allow a four.5 in. drop or ill even settle for a four in. drop shock set.
    Thanks in advance.

2. RALLYPOINT_1

RALLYPOINT_1 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Are you sure its lowered 4.5" That seems awfuly low. Ditch the blown shocks and cheap springs and get Ground Control/Koni set up.

3. ef legacy

ef legacy New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yea 4.5" seems pretty low, althought my integra is dropped around that much now.

To be honest, I would go with what Bill said. A higher quality setup will yield a better overall ride quality (in most cases) however I will add that most aftermarket shocks just arent designed for todays trend of slamming cars trying to obtain that "hellaflush" look. Even in my car with "supposedly" decent F&F coilovers it is fairly bouncy on the rougher stuff. Maybe a custom valved shock from koni can solve your problem. Obviously the shocks are being overpowered by the springs.

4. JDMswagSerf

JDMswagSerf New Member

Start a Conversation
    well the stock ride height is 16.5 in.
    the ride height is measured from the center of the rim to the fender right?
    Ill measure again when im home to make sure.
    & i dont want to buy the konis yet because if I still get a bouncy ride i will be mad.:banghead:

so koni can make custom shocks?
    But those must run like 400$ a shock!:domotwak:
    what about extended top hats to allow the shock to travel more?

5. ef legacy

ef legacy New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well that is a good way to judge how far you have dropped the car. But the overall ride height of the car is probably measured from the bottom of the front bumper to the ground. This would give a fairly accurate "ground clearance/ride height"

Either way you look at it, you WILL have to spend money in order to remedy the problem. New shocks are a must. Most aftermarket shocks are designed to work better at lower ride heoghts such as your car. Bill is recommending you just scrap those springs and shocks and start off with a good quality matched spring and shock. GC and konis have been used by many many people. They work. Having them custom valved will just make the ride that much better. Not to mention you can always speak with the excellent staff and let them know how far you want to drop the car and they can tailor a shock to your needs.

Additionally, those extented top hats are a good idea to try and retain as much travel as possible if you plan on staying that low. They will also take some stress off the shocks from having to move up and down their entire stroke all the time.

6. RALLYPOINT_1

RALLYPOINT_1 New Member

Start a Conversation
    It's never going to ride like stock if your "slammed". No matter what shock/spring combination. There will be some bounce and roughness. I measure my height from the pavement to the fender lip. I am a little over 22" in the front. Your going to have to pick one...slammed or stock comfy.

7. ef legacy

ef legacy New Member

Start a Conversation
    Stock comfy.... LOL i like that Bill!

My DA is not stock comfy, thats for sure.

However when I buy my TEINS.... I can ride low and STILL be comfy.

8. RALLYPOINT_1

RALLYPOINT_1 New Member

Start a Conversation
    My spring rates are not that high and still rides stiff for me. My back hurts after 10 miles!

9. ef legacy

ef legacy New Member

Start a Conversation
    Man thats harsh!

Then again roads in LA arent to kosher. My car doesnt beat me up that bad, but then again I rarely drive it anyway. I like to keep it in hiding.

10. RALLYPOINT_1

RALLYPOINT_1 New Member

Start a Conversation
    It's probably because we are not used to driving such lowered vehicles. It's probably my age too!!LOL

11. 808CTRawr

808CTRawr New Member

Start a Conversation
    I guess it's a good think I'm young so when I put on my stiff ass springs it shouldn't be too bad. But then again when I put my gc/koni set up on I'll be raising up my car to about one finger gap all around, it's my daily so I'm starting to hate life with a slammed out car scraping everywhere

12. ef legacy

ef legacy New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yep soon enough we will all have tastefully lowered cars that ride like butta! Thats another reason why I dont drive my teg as much. It becomes a hassle just getting around town. I already have "routes" as to how i will get places so that I have minimal scraping if none at all.

13. JDMswagSerf

JDMswagSerf New Member

Start a Conversation
    MArcus you said the tiens would give you a good ride?
    I am not stuck to the konis with GC springs, I am open to other brands haha, as long as i get a good ride.
    If anything i will raise my car up 1 in. :(
    but i will give koni a call and see what they have to say& i will try to get a quote for custom shocks.
    I dont scrape much, but when i do i dont mind, but i dont mind the bounciness, i took a chick out yesterday and the bouncyness sucked haha.

14. RALLYPOINT_1

RALLYPOINT_1 New Member

Start a Conversation
    "Good ride" is subjective. What's good for one is shitty for another. I recommend you ride with someone with the set up your interested in and then make an opinion. I like my set up but for a daily....ewww, too harsh. Again that's for me. Somebody else might say it's smooth as butter.

15. ef legacy

ef legacy New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yes as everyone should know by now. I love TEIN products, nothing but smoothness there. I have purchased the Flex coilovers 3 times now for a EG hatch, my blue DB8, and my past EF sedan. The start around $1400 but I have also seen them as high as $1600.

There were never bouncy at all! They were firm (there is a difference from being firm and being bouncy) the road incredibly smooth when I have them set halfway through the settings. I belive they are 16 way adjustable. So I will have them set at 8 in the front and 6 in the rear. And since the entire shock body is threaded I took the time to maximize my shock travel by doing a trick I learned from my favorite TECH guy Dave from sport compact car years ago.

16. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
    I have tein S-Tech springs on Koni adjustables in my dc5 and i love the setup!!! i drive 13 hours once a month home from college.. and thats each way and i have no problems.. it is pretty low and dont have much scraping issues..

17. JDMswagSerf

JDMswagSerf New Member

Start a Conversation
    No one around here has the koni GC setup so i woudlnt know what it feels like, I want it to feel close to the ride quality of the yaris i have. haha

18. ef legacy

ef legacy New Member

Start a Conversation
    If you want that you better get stock everything back on the car and leave it alone

19. integratuner47

integratuner47 New Member

Start a Conversation
    How long has it been since this whole question started?

I'm still going to go with Koni/GC but won't get them unrolled next summer.

Your gonna have to go with something sooner or later. Preferably sooner so something else doesn't blow.

20. JDMswagSerf

JDMswagSerf New Member

Start a Conversation
    Everything is blown
    I am just gonna go with the koni/GC, i just need to save up for them, I saw some konis that lowered 3 in. but i forgot where i saw them.