1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lexus GS engine questions

Discussion in 'Toyota & Lexus' started by ONEateEessex, Aug 21, 2007.

1. ONEateEessex

ONEateEessex New Member

Start a Conversation
    Ok i'm looking at buying a lexus either a gs400/430 or an is300.
    i like the gs400/430 because of the v8 but i have only seen one moddified and i think it was a custom kit something i couldnt afford.
    so i ask has anyone seen anything performance for the gs v8 besides an exhaust or intake.
    and my other question
    i was looking at the gs 300 and i might consider it if it has the same engine as the is300. the NA 2jz.
    the way i figure is that if it has the same enigne as the is300 then i could use parts for the is300 on it like turbo kits supercharger or even get crazy and try a turbo supra swap(probly not though i dont have that kinda $$$)
    if anyone knows it would help me out.

thanks

2. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yep both the GS300 and the IS300 have the 2JZGE engine, a NA Supra engine. But you don't have to use IS300 parts, as far as I know there are plenty of performance parts for the GS300. One thing though, all Lexus GS only come with 4SPD autos, which is no problem if you want to have a VIP car, but if you're looking for a performance car then you can swap a 6SPD supra tranny over.

3. ONEateEessex

ONEateEessex New Member

Start a Conversation
    well it'll be more vip style but i want some performance too. thats why i was thinking about the gs400/430 but i dont know of anyone who makes gs performance stuff if you know where i can look please let me know
    thanks