1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLZ HELP!!!

Discussion in '90-93 Integra' started by 1st_teg_EVER!, Jul 13, 2011.

1. 1st_teg_EVER!

1st_teg_EVER! New Member

Start a Conversation
    ok here it goes.. i got a 90 teg. with a b18b block and a vtech head. but which head is the question. my vtech cracks hard and the cars pretty fast. but i need to know what im working with. u knw? the guy i bought it from said it was a b16 head. but i bought a VALVE COVER GASKET FOR IT AND IT WAS TOO SMALL. SO Er go ITS NOT A B16. can anyone one help a newb out? plkus im running a monotech ecu, headers, and str8 pipe for exhaust on the stock muffler. if any one can help or make suggestions for upgrades i would greatly apprecieate it

:pooping: :banghead: :eek:hsnap:

2. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
    im not the greatest with honda stuff but.. maybe b18 head or b20?? pics??

3. ef legacy

ef legacy New Member

Start a Conversation
    If you look on the front (exhaust side) of the head. It is also stamped elsewhere on the head too. There should be a "PR3" stamp denoting a B16 or Type R head. They used the same head cast. A easy way to tell if it is a B16 or type R head is to also look right in the middle of the exhaust side of the head for a circle with two numbers there. That will be the year of the head. If it is 94-95 it is a B16 head forsure. If it is 96+ then the next thing I would do (since your changing the valve cover anyway) is to check to see if the head has dual valve springs as ITR heads did.

If it is a GSR head then i will be stamped "P72"

If it is a B16 or ITR head iirc those valve cover gasket have the same part number and are interchangeable.