1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$$$$Rebuild my Transmisson or Trade in My good old GSR$$$$

Discussion in '94-01 Integra' started by grenmstr94gsr, Jun 14, 2010.

1. grenmstr94gsr

grenmstr94gsr New Member

Start a Conversation
    Hello everyone

Im going thru a hard time in deciding to weather trade in my 94 185k 2door 5
    -speeed GSR coupe ..or Just rebuilt my tranny or get brand new or newer one????

So Ive gotten a new job and Im traveling about 42 to 50miles round trip to work now.. and My GSR is SHowing signs of tanny Sh**tin on me soon...
    well see

1. The Transmission doesnt go into 5th gear anymore because it keeps slipping doesnt stick.., So I just use 4Th gear when I'm on the freeway.. going about 60 to 70mph at most....

2. Im driving thru LA traffic.. to Calabasas back home in SCV..... most of the trip is streets.. about 25% freeway..

3. Now its starting to slip in 4th now if i cruise around.. I only drive it to work and back.. Off on the weekends

So you see this is my delima.... Ive was talking to my buddy and he told it would cost me about 800 to 1000 dollars.. Ive seen some on tigerenigens.com .. he also said that your looking at 8hrs of labor?? So im thinking about of trading it in or selling it.... or just rebuilding the transmission? Commments away please..Thank you

How much would it go for...... its a good car very strong but just that tranny.. so what should I do..

2. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    just buy a good condition used tranny...and keep yours to mess with later or build...could go with a gsr or even an ls tranny if you want longer gears and better hwy gas mileage