1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***So long S2000, Hello Honda XGA… ***

Discussion in 'S2000' started by CLUTCHONE, Apr 28, 2006.

1. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Honda executives in Japan have stunned the automotive community with the declaration that 2006 will be the last year for the current S2000. The announcement was surprising coming from the usually tight lipped Honda brain-trust, and is most likely a response to Nissan’s recent announcement of the new Skyline GT-R. (Honda is aggressively pursuing a higher profit margin vehicle.) Whether the car will be released in the United States under the Honda or Acura moniker is still being debated, but the new car, which shares the platform of the S2000, (not the Acura RL as previously speculated) will be built at Honda’s Suzuka plant which will make it necessary to discontinue production of the venerable S2k to insure production capacity

ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a274_CLUTCH_ONE_Sports4Concept.jpg

OR

[​IMG]

“We are very excited about the new XGA. It combines all the elements consumers desire in a luxury sport coupe along with traditional Honda performance and reliability. At a price significantly lower than our most recent NSX offering greater power and handling, we expect the XGA to quickly dominate its class.” said Honda spokesperson Reiji Tanaka at the press conference unveiling the new design. “We are sorry to see the S2000 go, but when first introduced, it was only supposed to have a two year model run. Now we are very excited at the new direction Honda will be taking with the much more refined XGA.”
    ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a274_CLUTCH_ONE_Sports4Concept.jpg

2. Mikey

Mikey New Member

Start a Conversation
    Are they really making the AGX?

Some people think it's all a joke and these pics are just photochops of the S2000

3. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Correction...

Its hard to say what concept is the real one because the Info about the XGA has not been released yet so both examples are just Rumors...:p

4. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I actually like the S2000 and dont think there was anything wrong with it. I wonder if the XGA is really going to be put in production.

5. jhmed

jhmed Member

Start a Conversation
    http://world.honda.com/news/

I checked above and I don't see a press release about that. That would be a signifigant enough development to warrant one I would think... They issued one about the NSX's demise last year...

6. jdm b18c ek6

jdm b18c ek6 New Member

Start a Conversation
    hell ya, i like the xga

7. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    S2K looks better.

8. cabezzzdb8

cabezzzdb8 New Member

Start a Conversation
    At least they have a replacement for it, not the case with the RSX

9. Specter

Specter New Member

Start a Conversation
    the top one is the 2006 tokyo Auto Show Honda concept car for the XGA. the bottom one is a photoshopped S2000

10. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    very nice concept....i still want my s2k...guess im gonna have to get one after pay i off my del sol....esp since they are gonna discontinue them....im thinking 2003...i heard thats the year to get....b/c thats the last year before the redid the gears, and lower the redline or something...this correct?

11. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    My vote goes to the s2k. I am in complete love with them right now. I cant even put it into words LoL. I think I might love this car then I do my girlfriend.

12. JDM_JBlazze

JDM_JBlazze New Member

Start a Conversation
    Agree 100%, Stay With the S2K......................:twak: