1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dsm blue top injectors

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by dbiggpugg, Feb 7, 2012.

1. dbiggpugg

dbiggpugg New Member

Start a Conversation
    just removed some of these from my b18b1,they didnt have the black plastics things on the bottom of them.(the end that goes into the motor,not from the rail)idk if there were any on from the beggining and if so how do i get them out.this is my first time messing with injectors.

2. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
    get them out of the rail? or what? and how do u know they are dsm blue tops?

3. dbiggpugg

dbiggpugg New Member

Start a Conversation
    did a parts number search,they come out of an eagle talon tsi.i found some i just forgot to delete post.it ended up the pintle caps.

4. ef legacy

ef legacy New Member

Start a Conversation
    Was there anything done to this B18 before hand? Was it boosted? I believe the DSM injectors are 450cc's iirc.

5. dbiggpugg

dbiggpugg New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yeah it is boosted,I drove it home with one bad injector.it ran better,no bogging.thinking I might needa retune

6. ef legacy

ef legacy New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well maybe its time to either have your current DSM injectors rebuilt or just buy new units. Might be to your engines health (and advantage) to have the car retuned if it isnt running correctly. Difference in temps from where you got the car to where you live at now can also affect the tune. Granted a few degrees isnt going to hurt the car but something more drastic will. Also if you get bigger than 450cc injectors the car will need to be tuned no matter what.