1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need tire help

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tires' started by whoizzy, Jun 15, 2008.

1. whoizzy

whoizzy New Member

Start a Conversation
    So last night another DA pulled up along side me at a stop sign, so naturally, we went for it. But when i launched, my tires lit up for about 5 seconds before my car caught traction. needless to say he pulled away from me (not in an impressive fashion i might add) and when we got to the next light he was like "damn, you was lightin it up". It was coo because we both new i had the faster car, but i don't want to continue to have this problem. I'm currently using Hankook radial's, what are some of the better street tires i should be using??? Thanks in advance

2. Jmmm

Jmmm New Member

Start a Conversation
    I only put Nitto Neo-gens on my accord and never had a problem with spinning but it defiantly didnt have the power my DA has.

Ive heard the Toyo Proxies were really good. Hope this helps.

3. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    I had Falken Azenis and Nitto 555s on my CRX at different times. My car was'nt that fast but it launched much better with both brands. If its in your budget I might also suggest getting a poly bushing kit for the front. I had the Hyper Flex set on my CRX. Makes a big difference too! Hope this helps! :D

4. whoizzy

whoizzy New Member

Start a Conversation
    Okay, thanks ya'll. I'll look for a good deal on some Nitto's and look into the poly hyper flex bushings too. Thanks again

5. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
    energy suspension makes some really good poly bushings one brand that i trust and has excellent rep.

the nittos are a good tire and i used toyos on my moms old magnum they never slipped

6. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Energy makes the Hyper Flex set ;)

7. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation