1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manual swap complete!

Discussion in '92-95 Civic' started by chic with a civic, Mar 16, 2008.

1. chic with a civic

chic with a civic New Member

Start a Conversation
    Alrighty! My little 4 spd automatic is now a 5 spd manual!! How stoked am I??:woot: Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be there for the swap. BUT...I DO have a few tips. A few minor details we ran into. LOL....it's amazing what you DON'T think about. A) The computer still thinks it's an automatic. Which means it WILL start without the clutch being in HAHA! No biggie, it will only cost a little to get the program written OR you can pull one from an already manual car. B) The motor mount for an automatic tranny is too short for the manual. I got a Hasport mount for about $180. C) Make SURE the clutch isn't all burnt up like mine was. I put in an Exedy clutch for again about $180 I think. D) eek...with an automatic, you have a big WIIIIDE brake pedal. So I went to the parts store and got one of those cheap sets of pedals...all good EXCEPT that the clutch pedal is too big. So for now, I have the two aftermarket gas and brake pedals and a clutch pedal with no pad. Oh well..lol. E) Um.... (and THIS one I never even saw coming) Obviously, with an automatic, you have an automatic cluster..which means that your car it still rigged that way. My poor car says it's driving around in "park" all the time. F) Your automatic speed sensor OBVIOUSLY won't plug into the manual tranny, so you have to make sure you have one or else your computer isn't going to register your speed.
    At this point, that's all of the advice I have. I JUST picked her up today, so let me drive around a little while and I will let you know how things are going!:rocks:
    Picture 001.jpg Picture 006.jpg Picture 002.jpg Picture 003.jpg

2. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Sweet job on the swap. Ive heard changing the pedals out is the hardest part.

3. chic with a civic

Start a Conversation
    Thanks!

Apparently changing the pedals ISN'T fun. I know my mechanic wasn't thrilled about having to do it...hehe. I know you have to cut them somehow...but again, I wasn't able to be there :( I wanted to help with the swap so I would know how to do it. BUT..what do you do? Haha

4. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
    looks good and cant you just bend the clutch pedal to the left a little bit and that should clear everything up

5. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Cut Brake Pedal

Its the Break Petal you have to cut in Half... Its Really Easy with the Right Tool. also you should get Cluster and ECU... so you dont Miss Shift and Mes Everything up...:)

6. chic with a civic

Start a Conversation
    That part's ok...

The brake pedal got cut...and everything was fine with that. The only one that didn't fit right was the clutch-pedal pad. The ECU and cluster are soon to come:thumbup: Now the object is to FIND the cluster, but luckily I have friends in love with Hondas. Shouldn't be too hard..lol

7. chic with a civic

Start a Conversation
    hmmm

Not too sure that would do the trick....it's the pad that doesn't fit on that particular pedal. The brake and gas pedals are fine;)

8. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    You may want to buy a RAZO pedal set, they use clamps to go over the stock pedals, so they will look much much better. Plus the quality is superb.

http://www.shopresponse.com/interior.html

9. chic with a civic

Start a Conversation
    Mr Daniel?

You have by far just become one of the coolest people I know...:woot: That is an awesome website, with ALOT of great stuff! I bookmarked it! Thanks!

On a side note..... I have a feeling I may need to change my fuel filter. In the low end of ANY gear (first few hundred RPM's or so) my car sortof...stutters. I don't know if that's even the right word, but the acceleration is less than smooth for sure. I thought it was just a problem with the transmission...but obviously that can't be the case. The O2 sensors are fine...so the only other thing I can think of is the filter. Hopefully not the fuel pump...sweet Jesus. What do ya think??

ps...my short ram showed up today...hehe... I'm headed outside to put it on :rocks:

10. der_meister_08

der_meister_08 New Member

Start a Conversation
    have you done a thread in the garage yet? you should i would love to see the whole car.

11. chic with a civic

Start a Conversation
    Garage?

http://www.myspace.com/stpeteshorty haha...I'm not 100% sure what you mean about the garage, but here's the link to my Honda page. You can see the before and after pics of my car.

12. der_meister_08

der_meister_08 New Member

Start a Conversation
    its the members ride section. you can post pics of your car and list specs or whatever else you wanna do. sorry didn't mean to comfuse ya.

13. chic with a civic

Start a Conversation
    hehe..

Alright Big Daddy...take it easy on me... I'm still new to this website:rolleyes: I don't know too much about it yet. I don't even know what the points are for. LOL. I just know it's got alot of people on here who love Hondas!

The intake sounds really nice by the way. I can definitely tell an increase in power. That car growls down the road! I will forewarn anyone considering a Weapon R Intake. The instructions SUCK! Even if the PICTURE had been visible I would have had an easier time figuring it out. It's not rocket science..I KNOW. But jeez man! I'm still not certain they gave me the right year. It BARELY fit in the space, and there aren't any brackets for it. Two straight, flat pieces of metal with bolt-holes. Nowhere on the intake to bolt them to though. They don't bolt in nicely to any spot on the car either. I tried bending one of in all manner of odd angles, curves, zig-zags, and about any other shape I could think of just to MAKE it work...no luck. So right now, it's kinda squeezed in there waiting until I can come up with something. Any suggestions??

14. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
    custom fab something up and not to be a dick but www.shopresponse.com is the site that this forum is derived from. they make all this possible and the points are for buying things from shop response 100 points = 1 dollar. also you can buy lottery tickets to win cool stuff.

15. chic with a civic

Start a Conversation
    dick??

Haha...why would that be dickish? :poke: I'm glad for the information. Unfortunately though it means that you guys are stuck with me for a loong time. It's gonna take alot of posts for me to get that spoon shift knob! Hahaha!

16. chic with a civic

Start a Conversation
    new cluster

FINALLY! YAY!

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0151.jpg
    original from before the auto to manual swap

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0152.jpg

Thanks for helping Waldito :)

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0154.jpg
    The red needles will not be red for long :badidea:

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0155.jpg
    that screw is hidden BEHIND the hazard button.

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0153.jpg

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0156.jpg

all in :rocks:
    ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0151.jpg ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0152.jpg ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0154.jpg ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0155.jpg ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0153.jpg ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0156.jpg

17. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
    very nice what color are the needles going to be?

18. 95civicB16A

95civicB16A New Member

Start a Conversation
    cooool, looks good.