1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MY 1ST 1990 HONDA CIVIC DX [EF]

Discussion in 'The Garage - Member's Show Off Area' started by KRIS05VVTi, Mar 21, 2008.

1. KRIS05VVTi

KRIS05VVTi New Member

Start a Conversation
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    that looks like a good project :thumbup: interior looks really clean. whats your plans for it?

3. KRIS05VVTi

KRIS05VVTi New Member

Start a Conversation
    • I want to re-do the interior
    • H.I.D's
    • Rims
    • Carbon Fiber hood & trunk
    • New Sound System
    • But a 95 CiviC Engine with a b16 Head
    • Convert it from Automatic to Stick
    • Paintjob & try to do something with the rust

Dats bout it for now =] eny suggestions!?

4. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Great Project

Real Nice Project you have ahead of you... :rocks:

I wouldnt go for HIDs unless your Changing Just the Bulb and Getting HID Harness, Dont change the whole Headlight Assembly.

Trust me I did that before and I could have saved alot of cash by getting just the HID Kit in Stanleys Instead a Whole Weak Projecter Set Up.

Good Luck on the Build.... :woot:

5. KRIS05VVTi

KRIS05VVTi New Member

Start a Conversation
    oOoOo thanx for the advice...now that i know...i was going to buy halo projectors...but now that u told me its kind of like a waste of money...i'll just put the bulbs in it =)

6. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    same here, i had some black housing projectors in my CRX and at night it was really sad how poorly made they were. my friends teased me saying "turn your lights on". im surprised i didnt get pulled over. i gave them away with the car when i sold it. a good hid bulb kit is def the way to go. keep it classy and clean!! nice int too! only thing id do to the inside is try to find a grey int and swap it. good luck with everything!! :thumbup::D

7. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    I'm confused. You mean 95 Integra engine w/ B16 head? Thats possible but not a 95 USDM Civic Engine w/ a B16 head.

8. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Umm Yea...

Yea...It would be better to do a Full B16 Swap, Instead of trying to pull off a SOHC to DOHC Conversion... But If you do have the Cash to Pull this Conversion Off, I would Suggest a Fully Built K20 swap Instead I'm sure it would save you a lot of Time and Money...:poke:

But Really, It all depends on what your Budget is, I would Invest the Largest Amount Into the Motor and Suspension, and keep It Sleeper, Minimal Exterior Upgrades besides Nice "REAL" Old skool Rims and Paint... :rocks:

Here are some Inspirational Pics For you.
    This Car is EF4DRs EF.
    Note the Attention to Detail.

ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a274_CLUTCH_ONE_Ef4dr.jpg

ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a274_CLUTCH_ONE_Ef4dr1.jpg

Do you see the Light???
    ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a274_CLUTCH_ONE_Ef4dr.jpg ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a274_CLUTCH_ONE_Ef4dr1.jpg

9. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah your plans seem pretty good. good luck with the project

10. KRIS05VVTi

KRIS05VVTi New Member

Start a Conversation
    yea i meant something like dat cuz the website i went to lookin for a nu engine told me it was a civic...so i thought it was the same thing...enywaysz so i just checked out a K20a engine and i think that would be better =] thanx for all the advice everyone :rocks:

oOoOo and thanx for those piks...they nice

11. EastEndMotorSports

Start a Conversation
    yeah but its a wiring bitch. i say just throw in a B16 from a JDM EF, that would make things much easier IMO or ever considering how effin cheap they are, throw in a B18B from an integra. And no civic had a B series engine other than the 99/00 Civic Si (and Del Sol VTEC if you want to count that).

12. KRIS05VVTi

KRIS05VVTi New Member

Start a Conversation
    okay so wat u tellin me is that im better off putting a B18B[BEiNG BETTER] and/or a B16 [BEiNG OKAY]

13. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Rywire Got What you Need

Wel Its Depends on what "YOU" Chose as a Starting Platform Motor. You Sounded Like You wanted a NEWER Motor so I suggested the Obvious K20 Motor I hope Its in your Budget. The K20 EF Swap is Done Easy Now... Thanks to Rywire -DroppedCrxSI is a Member here and Works with Rywire- http://www.rywire.com/store/index.php - They Got what you Need as far as Making the K20 EF Swap a Breeze...:rocks:

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v31hKJsN8xc&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v31hKJsN8xc&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

Here is DroppedCrxSI Video and his EF with K20... :woot:

14. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
    very nice that thing is sick must move like a mother

15. EastEndMotorSports

Start a Conversation
    Well the B18B doesn't have VTEC but has more torque potential while having 140 horsepower. Def better than the hunk of metal underneath your hood currently. The B16A1 has VTEC and 160 horsepower but is definitely more expensive. Pick up an engine swap book, do lots of research and pick whats right for you. I personally would get a B18B that way i have some oomph in the little EF and if I want I can save up for a B18C (VTEC) head and pretty much have a GS-R engine under my hood. You can pick up a B18B for like $700 as opposed to an OBD0/OBD1 B16 being around $1100. A K20A is at-least $4000 by the way. Do your research and tell us what you think.

16. KRIS05VVTi

KRIS05VVTi New Member

Start a Conversation
  17. droppedcrxsi

droppedcrxsi New Member

Start a Conversation
    Hi,
    as far as the wiring goes, its a breeze with the use of my jumper harness. It mates the k engine harness, and the ef interior harness. The radiator can be done with a 90 gti unit, the fuel sys has to be custom, the axles can be purchased online, mounts = hasport, the shifter can be mounted under the car, or inthe cabin itself. the swap is hard, but not too bad!
    -Ryan

18. chic with a civic

chic with a civic New Member

Start a Conversation
    mmmmmm

And not to mention how NICE Hasport mounts look under the hood. MMMmmm yeah! Hehe

19. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Video Response

The K20 or Fail Video.

K20 vs. GSR Turbo and B16 Turbo.

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TufIPsAZxg0&border=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TufIPsAZxg0&border=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

Bottom Line=

You Get What You Pay For... :attention:

20. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    i dont know why that guy in the Ej wanted to race for the third time, shit. the gsr and the ej should crawl under a rock for a while.

i had a b18b in my hatch with a type r tranny and it was fun as hell! however, my buddy has a ek with a k20 (since like 2003 or so) and it whoops the shit out of some LS1 and Mustang garbage. even when they run slicks on the street he still gets em. bottom line, if your budget allows go K series. if it dosent you should be able to get a nice b18b that will make your car much faster and more enjoyable to drive! :D