1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Building

Discussion in '94-01 Integra' started by karloz01, Nov 22, 2008.

1. karloz01

karloz01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Hi,
    I own a ek with b18c iam looking to gain the most horsepower with out turbo
    or nos
    bascally what they call out there all motor set up
    anyone have a list of what to do to engine
    iam lookiing for total of 225hp-250hp
    Thanks

2. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    way to many factors to just say "do this and you'll have lots of power"

first, figure out what you are trying to get out of the motor. realistic power goal, what it will be used for, how much money you want to spend, what kind of fuel you'll use.

using that, determine what compression ratio you want to run. determine what pistons and rods based off that. you might want to look into knife edging the crankshaft and micropolishing the journals on it too. less rotating resistance = more power after all. with that, get a crank scrapper to remove excess oil for the same reasons.

after that, decide on cams by figuring out when you want them to open, how long, and how much for both cams. to run good cams, you'll need valve springs that can take it. determine how stiff of a spring rate you need keep the valves from floating, while not being too still and wear away your valve train because they dont like to be compressed.

you'll also need valves, and with that a valve job to fit the new larger valves. may as well port and polish the head too while you have the machine shop working hard already.

to make closer to 250hp, you'll want to fab some ITBs to get adequate air flow. you should make sure the exhaust flows equally as well. so nothing but the best here, 2.5" all the way back with minimal bends.

make sure you have injectors that can keep up with your air pump and tuning software that can make sure all is well.

notice how i didnt give you any specifics on brands or specs. thats because it is up to you to find your needs and it's your build. no engine builder sits on the computer and asks how to make his car faster. they do research by reading lots of books and other publications.

good luck.

3. karloz01

karloz01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    very well

ok
    my goal is to build a strong responsive motor i purchased this motor 3 months ago and it was modified from previous owner, he showed me the parts on motor the are aftermarket like a skunk2 {huge} intakemanifold adjustable camgears, keep in mind these parts i can see that are installed headers 2.5 all the way back with si tranny ok these are the parts i can see. for the parts i cant see that he said are installed are the type-r pistons and the cams
    cant determine if the clucth is drag its stiff and you dont need to push all the way down to change another thing is that he expalaned to me is that he couldnt finsh the project this is when he bascally begged me to put in a p28 chipped and tune so i said yeah sure ok bye bye,,,,,down the road i buy a p28 nope i buy a p72 instead virgin...mistake? i went to the drag race it last weekend when i here and read online about the p28 being the right choice is this true if i buy the p28 will it run the motor better especially with all the mods he said i have and i say i can see ?

4. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    thats pretty vague

from the mods done, it doesnt look like you'll see much more than 15hp above stock. i would ditch the idea of running a stock ECU, and run standalone and bring it somewhere to have it tuned. much easier in the long run. Hondata makes an excellent system

5. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    first off

budget?
    power goals?
    will you be installing the mods or taking it to a shop?

these are just a few of the major questions..

also for the future type in paragraph or sentence form i get a headache and give up trying to read your messages...im sure others do as well....

and from what you are saying with the mods being
    skunk 2 IM and cam gears
    ITR cams

with a tune you may make 185-200whp depending the dyno and tuner with hondata s300