1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about boosting my 93 Integra LS

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by BeachBoys, Jan 24, 2008.

1. BeachBoys

BeachBoys New Member

Start a Conversation
    I wanted to know if there were any modifications that I can do to my B18A1 that will prep it for boost, as well as increase performance (i.e. cam gears, camshafts, throttle body, manifold, etc.)
    This will be my 1st time working on a Honda motor. I use to own a 1.8Turbo Volkswagen, but that was stock turbo, all I had to do was increase the boost and add simple bolt ons, silicone hoses, and boost controllers.

I'd really appreciate your insight on this matter. Thanks for your time. PEACE!

2. DelSlowSI

DelSlowSI New Member

Start a Conversation
    depending on how much boost u are wanting to run....the LEAST i would get is ARP head studs, a better headgasket, bigger injectors, walbro, and a good ....but thats just me

3. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah make sure everything that is one the motor can handle the abuse of a turbo basically upgrade bolts and make it ready for it

4. BeachBoys

BeachBoys New Member

Start a Conversation
    Okay, gotcha. I was lookin at some ARP heavy duty rod bolts & head studs, as well as a Cosmetic head gasket. But after that, are there any upgrades that I can do that one be irrellavant when I boost the car. I know getting a header is pointless, but what about like cam gears and stuff. Just asking. Thanks yo!

5. EKb18c

EKb18c New Member

Start a Conversation
    depending on how much boost you are tryin to run upgrade the fuel system so you wont fuel cut. then simple bolt ons such as a nice intake manifold or decent intercooler will get some extra power. cams will give some power too. the ones i hear a lot about are the crower 404 cams for the Ls.

6. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
    yup he got it all covered ^^^^^^

7. DelSlowSI

DelSlowSI New Member

Start a Conversation
    also a nice free flowing exhaust will help....like a 3" turboback...thats what i run.....but i have an electric cutout too lol