1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R33 vs. DC5 ITR

Discussion in 'Racing and Track Battles' started by Travis Bickle, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle New Member

Start a Conversation
    so im headed home from work, coming up thru the tunnel in Ishikawa and i see a kid running like 80kph or so in a nice black DC5 ITR. cool car i think to myself. it was slammed on braonze CR-Kais, red recaros, some type of N1 exhaust. sounded real ripe. i have the windows up and the AC on.

i get about door to door with the kid and i hear it. the downshift, he matched revs, dropped it into 2nd or 3rd. i look over and chuckle at him, a 20-23 yr old japanese kid. being the sporting gent i am, i hold up my left hand as if to indicate "im not even downshifting" and leave the AC on, as i do not want my nuts sticking ot my leg when i get home.

i wait for it.....here it comes....wait for it....mmmmmmBAAAAAAA "man that thing sounds great. vtec howling from a real deal K20A" so i romp on it. I was in 4th. left hand in the air, and old man "PSI" pays a visit and i shoot past the ITR like a clown out of a cannon as the ass end shimmies to the left as the Toyos scramble for dear life to grab hold and all i could think about was "somewhere in southern california, theres a kid sitting on honda-tech, rubbing his crotch to this ITR". the thing sounded great as it faded off in the distance. looked good too, but an economy car is an economy car no matter how many "R"s you put on it.

as i came up to the next light, he did a little japanese wave and bow and there was mutual laughter. no ricer fly-bys here. but i didnt feel guilty one bit. kid asked for it.

2. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    ITR < SkyLine

Damn Right he Asked For It!! :rocks:

What the Hell was he thinking Racing a SkyLine???

3. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    i think i have to cry turbo vs non-turbo here. not to mention it was from a roll. but your wording is awesome!! and yea i guess he did ask for it a bit! :thumbup:

4. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle New Member

Start a Conversation
    cars that are so iconic to people these days are total lumps, which further proves my point that the car scene has become a fashion statement in this age. kids care more about getting nike SBs that match their super duper side skirts than scrounging for intake manifolds and cams. maybe i motivated that kid to buy a turbo kit instead of "canards" and a "gold plated valve cover"

5. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle New Member

Start a Conversation
    my domain is now up.

www.MetricHotrods.com

its bare, i havent started but i have a website now that doesnt have "freeblog" or anything in the URL

plans = similiar to auto-otaku, except real life, rather than tokyo autosalon and nismo festival type stuff. more of whats actually sitting in the Lawsons parking lots on saturday night which is much much more intersting than the "wood one" JGTC supra if you ask me.

6. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Nice story. You had me captivated lol. I agree with you on the whole car scene being a fashion statement though. Way to keep the kid in check.

7. EKb18c

EKb18c New Member

Start a Conversation
    lol he shouldve have known. i mean come on its a skyline he would have to put some serious work into that dc5 to keep up with a stock one espeically on a straight from a roll or not.

8. EKb18c

EKb18c New Member

Start a Conversation
    speaking of skylines and integras check this out lol

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf?video=b75fec7f-6311-4025-92ad-94d162161d2b" width="428" height="352" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><br/><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Skyline-R34-vs-Honda_28595.htm?ref=1c9c7bb9-41b0-430d-bb1b-9b12004497f6">Skyline R34 vs Honda Integra turbo</a>

9. JDM_LXi

JDM_LXi New Member

Start a Conversation
    totally agree with you on your small speech....and yeah kid did have it comin to em:slap: <should've known better