1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transmission Update

Discussion in '92-95 Civic' started by chic with a civic, Mar 22, 2008.

1. chic with a civic

chic with a civic New Member

Start a Conversation
    Sooooo..... I took my car up to my mechanic yesterday after work. We took it out, and he was driving my baby like it was some kind of racecar. Haha. He checked everything out, and didn't find any leaks. He was also lusting over how my clutch feels....LOL :roflmao: His cousin was LOVING how the intake sounds. They also took a look at the intake itself since I couldn't get anything to work as far as the support. He said not to even worry about it since alot of the brackets people put in (aside from the custom ones they MAKE) will break eventually anyhow. He said its a nice fit, so I should be alright leaving it as-is. Now I feel pretty damn good knowing I didn't do TOO bad of a job putting that thing in! :woot:

All in all.... she has turned out pretty nice. Everything is good with the tranny, and I definitely love the new sound and pickup.

2. der_meister_08

der_meister_08 New Member

Start a Conversation
    that's always a relief when a mechanic says you did a good job and theres nothing wrong with what you did. at i least i love it.

3. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    congrats! i was always nervous to let mechanics drive my cars. i was always affraid that they'd find something else wrong that i didnt have money to fix!! :D

4. chic with a civic

chic with a civic New Member

Start a Conversation
    True..true

I do have to say this for my mechanic though...IF he finds something, and it's something small, he will usually fix it free. Especially if he happens to have the part laying around or if it's just an adjustment. You don't know how many times he's tweaked little things on my car and not charged me anything. I'm comfortable with him for that reason. The first time he worked on my car (rear main seal, timing, cv axle, v-tech solenoid, etc etc) he found a few small things, and just fixed them. PLUS I had been wrong about one of the things that was wrong with it. ALOT of other mechanics would have seen a girl....and would have said "Oh yeah..you're right" and then charged me. I definitely lucked out with this one. :rocks: And I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to go to him if you're in that Tampa/St Pete area. He's a no BS kinda guy! He and his cousin aren't out to make a quick buck. They love their Hondas, and want to make sure other peoples' are done right.

5. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah ppl like that r always to good to go to. i am like that my dad always says im too nice and do too much for too little but i would rather have me be referred to others because i am a nice person rather than me be known as a hagler.