1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Permissions

Discussion in 'JDMChat Announcements and Suggestions' started by Adam H, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Adam H

Adam H New Member

Start a Conversation
    Some of you may have noticed you can not do certain things around the forum , things like editing your signatures adding images to the gallery and various other small settings.

This is to keep junk to a minimum and give some benefits to the members whom have put alot into the site.

The forum will automatically promote you to have these extra features once you reach over 15 posts, **please note that the promotions happen once an hour so it will not happen"instantly" when you hit 15 posts.

There are also certain rules surrounding posting links anywhere on the site including your own profiles, this is done to prevent spammers from joining for the sole purpose of posting a link in their "homepage" area or in posts.

To be able to post links , images, email addresses etc anywhere on the site you need to have 5 posts, as im sure you will agree 5 posts is nothing significant but in those 5 posts we will be able to see whether the members intentions are to promote their website or join our community and contribute, it will also prevent bots from posting .

If you find a bug with this system or believe that something is too strict please let me know, it maybe an issue im not aware of so unless told it could go over looked for sometime.

2. Adam H

Adam H New Member

Start a Conversation
    Restrictions changed to just 15 posts before user promotion, i believe this is more realistic over 50 posts.

3. woody

woody Administrator Staff Member

Start a Conversation
    The Verified status is now 10 posts :) (I'll get there someday...post #2...haha)