1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

West Side Michigan BBQ/ Modified FX Dyno Day

Discussion in 'Events, Meets, Nightlife etc.' started by mi_da_dc_eg, Apr 18, 2008.

1. mi_da_dc_eg

mi_da_dc_eg New Member

Start a Conversation
    The first official Xceed/ Sport Compact West Side Spring BBQ Will be held Saturday, April 26th at 11 a.m. at Grand Haven State Park in Grand Haven. This meet will also be held in conjunction with an Open House and Dyno Day at Modified FX/ Allspeed Performance.

Grand Haven BBQ:
    We will begin the day in Grand Haven for a meet, some grilling, and just hanging out. The park is easy to find and right on the beach with a large parking lot and grilles for cooking. There will be a fee to park in the state park, but it shouldnt be more than $10-SO BRING CASH! This will help to weed out people that were not invited that my cause problems and get us into trouble. It should also be noted that the park does not allow pets from what I hear, so just a heads up...

Sometime in the afternoon we will caravan from the meet in Grand Haven to the shop in Muskegon. There will be an open house at the shop for everyone to check out the facilities, as well as a dyno session for those interested in seeing how much power their car makes.

Open House/ Dyno Day/ Meet
    The dyno available is a DynoJet 220x 2WD model. We are limiting the number of cars to 5-7 due to time constraints. The fee for 3 pulls on the dyno will be $25. This one time only price is valid for XCEED MEMBERS ONLY. No need to prepay- payment the day of the event is fine! For those on the overflow list, it will be $45 for 3 pulls.

No one will be permitted to operate their own vehicle on the dyno. Mike and other ALLSPEED staff will handle all driving duties. This is a safety issue to prevent any accidents on the dyno. This will also speed up the dyno process.

DISCLAIMER:
    DO NOT come to this meet if you can’t control yourself in your car. We have not had an event like this on the West side and we will not have irresponsible people ruin it by revving, playing loud music, doing burnouts, or just acting like idiots in general. The GHPD are constantly patrolling and it only takes one person screwing up to get us all hassled and thrown out of the park.

Another thing I am going to put out there is NO ALCOHOL. I know the park has restrictions on it and I’m not positive what those are, but I think we would all be better off to save the boozing for Saturday night. That way we can keep this a family-friendly event and look better to the public and the cops- the less reason we give them to hassle us, the better.

THIS WILL BE AN ALCOHOL FREE EVENT. If you dont like that or cant stop yourself from drinking for 5-8 hours, then please stay home.

CRUISING
    Insight from Patrick: "Also, there must be an understanding of driving between GH and MFX. Depending on the route taken, generally SAFE driving MUST be enforced. I've seen too many people that get too excited and start weaving from lane to lane, dangerous maneuvers trying to pass on a two lane road, etc."

That being said, please be a responsible adult and keep the driving smart from the park to the shop. I would hate to have anyone be hurt, damage their cars, or get in trouble with the law from driving like an idiot. We all want to hang out and have a good time, so lets keep things smart and safe!

am really hoping that this will be a reality and we can all have a fun, safe, responsible Saturday meeting some new people and checking out some sick cars, as well as the awesome facilities at Modified FX and AllSpeed performance. Lets work together to make this event a success!

I am really hoping that this will be a reality and we can all have a fun, safe, responsible Saturday meeting some new people and checking out some sick cars, as well as the awesome facilities at Modified FX and AllSpeed performance. Lets work together to make this event a success!

We already have over 100+ confirmed cars!

For the people bringing friends- if you could ask them to bring a case of pop or a bag of chips or something that would be great. That will ensure that we have enough food for everyone to eat!