1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Type of Interior Shine do You Use???

Discussion in 'Interior, Audio, Electrical' started by CLUTCHONE, Jun 22, 2008.

1. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Post the Type of Interior Shine you Use...:cheers:

Post the Brand and Quality...:thumbup:

2. Jmmm

Jmmm New Member

Start a Conversation
    I hate interior shine chemicals.. From my experience if you clean the door panels and dash really good with degreaser it will look the best.

Soak and i mean SOAK the door with purple power or grease lightning (i promise it wont hurt it a bit) then scrub it with a sponge or a brush like the ones you clean under your finger nails with then dry with a towel and take your air compressor and blow out all of the nooks and craneys and air dry the rest and it will look brand new with a natural shine.

hope this helps i dont know how many cars i have detailed like this.

3. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    as crazy as it sounds, i would trust this. and i was a professional detailer for Ziebart Tidy car at one time so lord knows how many cars i've detailed as well.
    when they mold the plastic interior parts of a car they use a release agent to get the piece out of the mold. it soaks into the plastic and comes out very slowly. when your car is sitting out in the sun the agent will vaporize (for lack of a better term) come out and get onto the inside of your windsheild. ever wonder what that stuff that appears on the inside of your glass after about a few weeks? mold release agent. i was told this by a man who owns and opperates a carbon fiber and fiberglass molding company. one of my good friends fathers. he knows the "in's" and "outs" of the molding business like the back of his hand. so anyway, to degrease it is removing the agent and getting the plastic back to clean plastic. i've never heard of or thought about it, but i believe it. however degreasing it might dry out the plastic and make it pron to fading and cracking. :D

4. Jmmm

Jmmm New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yep.. Ive been detailing for 5 years and still going