1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 Honda Accord Coupe Concept

Discussion in 'Accord' started by EastEndMotorSports, Jan 21, 2007.

1. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Honda Accord Coupe Concept Poised to Reset Segment Benchmark

The Honda Accord Coupe Concept reveals a totally new look for the next-generation Accord, along with key technologies for safety, fuel efficiency and performance, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced at the 2007 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit. The Accord is Honda's best-selling model in North America and its debut at NAIAS marks the first time that an Accord concept vehicle has ever been shown at a major auto show.

The styling of the Accord Coupe Concept conveys a powerful stance through its long hood, deeply sculpted lower body and fastback roofline. A six-sided grille and projector headlamps that recess deep into the front fenders contribute to an unmistakable and aggressive front fascia. Quad exhaust outlets integrated into the rear diffuser further convey performance and style beyond any Accord to date.

"The Accord Coupe Concept demonstrates the styling direction for the upcoming, eighth-generation Accord," said John Mendel, senior vice president of American Honda. "As the industry's target for midsize segment excellence, the all-new Accord will set a new benchmark for safety, efficiency, performance, refinement and style."

A more powerful and lower-emissions V6 engine will provide higher fuel efficiency with the incorporation of Honda's next-generation Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) technology. Honda leads the industry with the highest Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) rating for any full line manufacturer of 29.2 miles per gallon - well above the industry average of 25.3 miles per gallon.

As part of Honda's "Safety for Everyone" initiative, all next-generation Accord models will include the company's Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure. Honda's ACE Body Structure incorporates a front-end frame structure that helps absorb and disperse crash energy over a large area in a frontal impact. ACE also makes the vehicle more crash compatible in frontal impacts with vehicles of differing ride heights.

The current generations of the Odyssey (2005), Civic (2006) and CR-V (2007) all have the ACE Body Structure. Together, the ACE-equipped vehicles represent more than 50 percent of all 2007 Honda vehicles sold on a sales-weighted basis. With the addition of the next-generation Accord to the lineup of vehicles with ACE, more than 75 percent will be equipped with the technology on a sales-weighted basis after it goes on sale.

www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/accord_concept.asp

2. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Those first pics make it look like a cross between a Scion tC and a Tiburon. The back looks like a Pontiac G6...what a shame.

3. EastEndMotorSports

Start a Conversation
    I don't know man, I think it looks good. I'm just imagining it dumped on some Volk GT-7s

4. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yeah, after some mods it might look nice...

I dunno, it's just something about the newer cars. I guess it takes time getting used to.

5. Opium

Opium New Member

Start a Conversation
    08 Accord Coupe

aimg209.imageshack.us_img209_5081_redaccordcoupe500yh6.jpg
    Here's the production pics of the new coupe looks they've changed some things on it. The rear diffuser that housed the dual exhausts are now gone, the tail lights have gotten HUGE! and the front although similar to the concept doesn't look as aggressive.. kinda resembles a BMW.. what do you guys think?
    aimg209.imageshack.us_img209_9646_redaccordcoupe5500sa9.jpg
    aimg209.imageshack.us_img209_5081_redaccordcoupe500yh6.jpg aimg209.imageshack.us_img209_9646_redaccordcoupe5500sa9.jpg

6. oneoffaccord

oneoffaccord New Member

Start a Conversation
    looks real sexy. its has a few other cars involved

7. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    I Like It...

Here is a Spy Shot of It On the Street, I Really Like It and I Hope It will be Introduced Soon..

awww.diablomotor.com_wp_content_uploads_2007_04_accordcoupe.jpg
    awww.diablomotor.com_wp_content_uploads_2007_04_accordcoupe.jpg

8. Opium

Opium New Member

Start a Conversation
    It's already out! At least where I live.

9. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
  10. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Hehe yup, I did a double take when I saw the first one. At first I was like niiice... then I was like bleh, its ok. Like you guys said tho, I would be nice with mods.

11. EastEndMotorSports

Start a Conversation
    lowered, Night Hawk Black pearl, 18 or 19" Volk GT-Vs, it would look pretty sweet. and maybe if APEX'i comes out with a WS2 exhaust that would look gangsta