1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 Japan Trip for JDM fans!!!

Discussion in 'Events, Meets, Nightlife etc.' started by JEM MotorSports, Sep 24, 2006.

1. JEM MotorSports

JEM MotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    OK! so it's been awhile since last I posted but here's the deal...
    I have had many people ask when I will be visiting Japan again.
    It's usually followed with a, "I'd like to roll with you" or "can you bring me back???" (...usually used JDM parts).
    On my last visits to Japan, I have managed to make some realy cool friends which are mostly made of automotive related shop owners, marketing directors for some of the top JDM product lines and car show promoters for events such as X5. (..look it up)
    I've played host here in L.A. for a few of these guys too. good times!!!

Anyhow, I've been back & forth via emails/IM with friends in Japan on the idea of putting together a trip in early to mid 2007 for JDM fanatics.

On the agenda of things to do, will include:
    1) Visiting places like Up-Garage, 2nd-Hand-Ichibahn & various salvage yards for all your used JDM part needs.

2) Attend large automotive museums like the Honda Museum.

3) hit up cool locations like Type One, Nismo, STi, Rays Bros, C-West, etc...

4) check out how some of the local drivers spend there evenings on the streets. (wink,wink..)

5) Attempt to attend a race/drift event and/or tuner style car show. (event schedules are being looked into for this.)

6) ...and try to squeeze in some site seeing of some beautiful land marks along the way.

-

Once the numbers have been crunched, the trip will include:
    * Round Trip Air Fare from Los Angeles (LAX) to Osaka(KIX).
    * Hotel (double occupancy rooms)
    * Transportaion
    (...since meals can be a delicate subject matter, we have left this optional)

As stated before, This is for the true JDM fanatic to finally get a chance to visit the country most of us jock their cars for. LOL!!!
    Going to Japan on your own is one thing but going with automotive enthusiasts who have a feel for the island is another.

Many have expressed interests already at our JDM Monday meets in Downey.
    This trip would be limited to 8 individuals, possibly 10 for the first time around.

Total days has not yet been determined. looking at either 7 or 10 days.

So what do you guys think?
    Your input is valuable.

POST UP!!!

-

to all the mods. This post has been appropriately placed in the events/meets forum. Being that this is a non-profitable event, I feel I am not breaking any rules or regulations and furthermore am simply informing other JDM enthusiasts of cool JDM related activities. ...who knows, maybe we can colaborate with JDMCHAT & other companies on this. just a thought.

2. CarbonEG6

CarbonEG6 New Member

Start a Conversation
    hhaha Its me again ;)

I'm down but I i would need from Rome to Osaka :) :slap:

3. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    sounds like a good idea:)

4. Jdmike

Jdmike New Member

Start a Conversation
    Sounds good man, keep us updated on the changes and especially the prices...=-)

5. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Im Down....

Count Me In
    ~If Im Not allready Stranded there from TAS... :help: