1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 RSX Information

Discussion in '02-06 RSX' started by CLUTCHONE, Apr 29, 2006.

1. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    2007 RSX

We don't like bearing bad news but we've been telling folks for quite a while that the RSX/Integra program was essentially dead. Early indications had been that '06 would be the last year for the RSX and Integra, but we felt that the possibility existed that the car could soldier on if sales warranted. But the key was that there was no development work being done on a true successor to the RSX. Now it's official. In a communique that just breezed across the Acura Interactive Network, Dick Colliver has officially announced "In our quest to provide you and our customers with the very best and most appropriate Acura models, we have decided to eliminate the RSX from the 2007 line-up, thus streamlining our product offering to better fit with Acura’s evolving and more upscale image." It's a shame we never got the chance to buy a DC5 Type R over here.

The Link...
    http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=543950

This maybe a Rumor.... Hopefully it is... :bs:

2. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    That would not be a good move for Acura in my opinion, they wouldn't have an entry level car and I don't think the rest of the lineup sales are very high. Probably BS. But who knows???

3. SiR

SiR New Member

Start a Conversation
    Wow...i really hope its BS. I love the DC5 and for them to take it away i think is just plain S-T-U-P-I-D :). I dont really have much else to say...:(

4. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I don't think its a rumor. It may be true. Who knows. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

5. jdm b18c ek6

jdm b18c ek6 New Member

Start a Conversation
    i hope its BS

6. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Hmm you never know. They changed the name to RSX which IMO is ridiculous. When will Acura get away from naming all their cars with X's and letters of the alphabet.
    I think names draw more attention. I love the uniqueness of JDM names:
    Soarer, Aristo, Inspire, Silvia, Fairlady etc. Some sound femine but you will never forget them.

Isn't the RSX their best selling car? Why would they stop production, unless they may revise the "Integra" name. Which would be great. They would just need to market it like they did the Si. Which I believe is doing very well now.
    Again what the hell do I know???

7. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    hopefully they will change the name to Integra. ive always disagreed with their choice to name it the RSX...

also, considering Honda spent # BILLION dollars (US currency) developing the DC5, i doubt they'll let it go so soon.

8. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    I love that car. My step dad has one and its beautilful. I heard that the reason they stoped it was because of the news civics were doing so good, thats probally not true but just what I heard.

9. Mikey

Mikey New Member

Start a Conversation
    I would rather have a RSX over the new Si, so if they do drop it, I'm sure it's to get more people to buy the Si.