2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe

Discussion in 'All Other Nissan & Infiniti' started by EastEndMotorSports, Mar 27, 2007.

1. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    awww.rsportscars.com_foto_11_g37coupe08_01.jpg
    [​IMG]
    awww.rsportscars.com_foto_11_g37coupe08_03.jpg
    awww.rsportscars.com_foto_11_g37coupe08_04.jpg

Infiniti Debuts a Stylish, Performance and Luxury G37 Coupe

The all-new 2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe, making its world debut at the 2007 New York International Auto Show, combines the exhilarating performance, stunning styling and modern, sporty interior of the original Infiniti G Coupe and accelerates each to new levels. Among the key enhancements to the new second-generation G Coupe are a larger, more powerful 3.7-liter V6 engine, available advanced 4-Wheel Active Steer system, a dramatic new exterior design and a refined interior with intuitive, integrated technology. The G37 Coupe joins the recently introduced, all-new 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan in Infiniti showrooms nationwide in August.

Exhilarating Performance From a New Engine Design

Leading the enhancements to the 2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe is the first-ever application of the new 3.7-liter V6 engine with VVEL (for Variable Valve Event and Lift). The G37 Coupe’s new VVEL system combines hydraulic-controlled variable valve timing and electronically controlled variable valve lift on the intake side to help improve performance and response. The VVEL intake camshafts, featuring continuously variable lift control teamed with the Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS), allow for a 7,500 rpm redline.

A new, specially tuned dual exhaust system has been designed with equal length exhaust manifolds and low muffler exhaust backpressure to help improve engine breathing. Both intake and exhaust enhance driving pleasure with their authentic performance notes.

Rated at an estimated 330 horsepower, the new engine is not only considerably more powerful than the previous generation G Coupe (rated at 275 hp with 5AT, 293 hp with 6MT), but is expected to offer increased fuel mileage and reduced emissions levels.

The G37 Coupe engine is backed by a choice of an upgraded electronically controlled 5-speed automatic transmission with manual mode, downshift rev matching, DS mode and ASC (Adaptive Shift Control) that allows for quicker shifts in sporty driving situations and available genuine magnesium paddle shifters; or a newly revised, lightweight 6-speed manual transmission.

Performance Platform and Suspension

Developed at test circuits throughout Europe – including the famed Nürburgring – the G37 Coupe was conceived as a performance thoroughbred. Handling and ride performance increases come from the G37 Coupe’s enhanced FM (Front Mid-ship) platform, which has been stiffened 36% from the previous generation, is lower in overall height and has a wider front and rear track width.

Available on the new G37 Coupe is Infiniti’s exclusive 4-Wheel Active Steer system (4WAS), with unique chassis configuration that features automatically variable front steering ratios and rear suspension geometry that adjusts to steering input and vehicle speed via motor-driven controls. The system’s electronic control unit calculates the desired vehicle dynamics from a series of sensors, including vehicle speed and steering angle, and separately directs both the front and rear actuators to change steering gear ratios and rear geometry by moving both the front steering gear and rear suspension lower links – thus providing sports car-like agility and secure stability.

To enhance the already high level of dynamic performance, the G37 Coupe 6MT and G37 Coupe Journey with Sport Package come standard with unique sport suspension, a Viscous Limited Slip Differential (VLSD) and a new wheel and tire package with 19x8.5-inch front wheels with 225/45 R19 front tires and 19x9-inch rear wheels with 245/40 R19 rear tires.

Seductive Styling

The G37 Coupe’s advanced performance systems are wrapped in an all-new seductive skin, giving the vehicle a kinetic feeling with emotional surface expression, sweeping character lines and tight panel gap lines.

Exterior highlights include flowing front fender curves, a wave-style hood, expressive front fascia with Infiniti’s signature double-arch grille and L-shaped High-Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-xenon headlights with integrated fog lamps. The strong side character line and side sills integrate with the large wheel wells and the 18- or 19-inch performance-oriented wheel and tire packages to transmit an added sense of power and vibrancy. The rear of the G Coupe features broad rear fenders, flowing into the large LED taillights – an Infiniti trademark, refined rear bumper, integrated RearView Monitor camera (when equipped), rear underbody air diffusers and large dual exhaust outlets with chrome finishers.

Sophisticated, Luxurious Interior

The 2008 G37 Coupe interior design features sophisticated craftsmanship, with a cockpit-oriented front driver and passenger area, Infiniti signature “double wave” instrument panel design featuring the Infiniti-signature analogue clock and dramatic, full-length centre console with a leather and aluminum-clad shifter. Special aluminum-alloy interior trim, inspired by elegant, handmade Japanese Washi paper, is located across the instrument panel, on the centre console and on the door panels. Genuine African Rosewood trim is also available.

The 8-way power driver and 4-way front passenger seats (8-way on G37 Coupe Journey, G37 Coupe Journey with Sport Package and G37 Coupe Sport 6MT model) are appointed with Infiniti’s exclusive premium leather and feature 2-way adjustable head restraints and a unique rear-seat access system, whereby the front seats will move forward automatically at the touch of a button to allow passengers into the rear seat.

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/infiniti_g37.asp
    awww.rsportscars.com_foto_11_g37coupe08_01.jpg awww.rsportscars.com_foto_11_g37coupe08_03.jpg awww.rsportscars.com_foto_11_g37coupe08_04.jpg

2. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    i already saw this on another site.

i personally think it lost all its aggressive lines. it looks subdued and like any other car on the road now. the car is a whole lot uglier, and the only things that spark my interest is the motor and brakes. i expect the motor to be the base engine of whats in the GTR.

3. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    I like the refinement better and the increase of power to 330 is a good thing as well.

4. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    I think it looks sexy but the powertrain is definitely the biggest improvement

5. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    this'll be the car to get if you can't afford the GT-R when it comes out here. :D i think it still looks nice. i've always liked the G35 (aka the Skyline in Japan :thumbup: )

6. JDM lover

JDM lover Member

Start a Conversation
    you beat me to it...i like the car