1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question about honda??

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by Chaos Performance, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
    So i have been looking around for cars mainly a crx. anyway i was on ebay and it had a honda inspire mugen grille. but it said it was for the acura tl the first gen. so i looked into it cuz i know the honda inspire is the honda accord over here but then after further research the acura tl is also an inspire. so can anyone clarify y honda would make two of the same named cars but different cars?? any clarification would be very much appreciated

2. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    the us-spec accord of that gen is not the inspire.

"The first Inspire debuted in 1990 as the Accord Inspire, a sister nameplate to the Honda Vigor, then exported to the US as the Acura Vigor. They were the same car headed for different retail channels in Japan. This Vigor was a departure in itself; whereas 1980s Vigors were badge-engineered Accords, from this generation on the Vigor moved upmarket and received its own platform, in which the engine sits longitudinally like the Generation II Acura Legend. In Japan there would be four sedans between the Civic and the Legend: the Honda Accord and Honda Ascot with 4-cylinder engines mounted transversely, and the Vigor and Inspire with 5-cylinder engines mounted longitudinally.

In 1995 the Inspire was replaced by a new model, exported to the US as the Acura TL, while the Vigor nameplate was dropped altogether. The longitudinal engine layout remained, but a 3.2-liter V6 became available for the first time.

In 1999 these cars were replaced by a new TL that was based on the Accord platform, and largely designed and engineered in the US by Honda R&D Americas, Inc. in Raymond, Ohio. Manufactured in the US, these were imported into Japan as the new Inspire and Saber."

3. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
    ok that clears it up thanks just didnt know y i was seeing double the same name on some stuff thanks much appreciated

4. Localboy91sidewayz

Localboy91sidewayz New Member

Start a Conversation
    Engine and tranny swap

I wana put a d16(soch) engine and dsiries transmision in in a 91civic dx. Would tha motor maunts match up. And would the axels fit?

5. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
    Yeah hasport makes many kits for the motormounts.