1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any one else of Me2 stuff?

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by EJ1Rider, Apr 12, 2007.

1. EJ1Rider

EJ1Rider New Member

Start a Conversation
    im getting kinda mad, that majority of ppl i kno or see driving have rotas, and most are slipstreams or knockoffs of those

i just hate that all the cars are looking the same :mad: and just wanted to share my opinions

and will be sellling my slips once again for something no one else has around by me at least

that is all

2. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    the thing about fake shit is this: it is no longer inexpensive. but the main thing that really really annoys me is guys getting on the cover of magazines while rollin' on fake wheels, despite the 10k or so they spent on paint, engine stuff, and suspension.

3. EJ1Rider

EJ1Rider New Member

Start a Conversation
    ya that sucks, and not only rims, like other fake parts 2

ooo ya and ps, i dont kno if ne one noticed yet, but i kinda forgot a word in thread title

4. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    My Motegis aren't fake, lol. And no one in my area has 'em...maybe I'll keep 'em.? I do notice the same thing too, and it irritates me how everyone's car looks the same. they mentioned this fact in the most recent issue of Honda Tuning also. luckily for me, nobody knows how to build a clean looking car in North Dakota with Japanese styling cues, so my car is one of a kind in my area. but when i move out to Hawaii, i don't know what i'm gonna do :( i like to be different too. when i see someone else who has the same thing on their car as i do on my car, i have to take it off and get something different. especially if it's somebody that lives in the same place as me. but i'm just a nit-picky wierdo, lol. :D

5. ShaggyVTEC2000

ShaggyVTEC2000 New Member

Start a Conversation
    What's sooo bad about Rota's? I don't understand it....I like in Ga....it's like the Pot Hole mecca....I don't see the point of payin almost 1200 dollars to roll around and get bent...I had Rota's on my teg and they looked great. I understand people get mad about spendin all this money and not gettin on magazine covers and stuff....then why do it..? Why spend the money if you don't have to? Maybe it's just me...sorry.

6. EJ1Rider

EJ1Rider New Member

Start a Conversation
    well i hang out with ALOT of honda ppl and all have some form of slips
    and ya i just got my honda tuning and its gay that they put cars in there with fake rims and tons $ elsewhere

i hardly drive my EJ1 that much since i got the EJ8 as a DD, but still all these kids getting the same handful of rims and all the cars looking the same, kinda lame and why i dont go to meets or anything really and esp car shows

i rather get the good rims for racing, and not just for some gay ass baller status, Function over fashion!

i just hate the fact that everyones cars look the same and it just seems to be getting lame, all the kids getting fake stuff to LOOK cool, or how bout the ppl who buy recaros, 5lug, takatas, ect but ride on cut oem springs and a beat ass motor? just so he can LOOK cool and call himself a baller

i think fake parts are def the NEW rice

7. L3gkang

L3gkang New Member

Start a Conversation
    thats why i got the legend and nobody can have everything i have in the car like i'm the only person in the U.S.A. with the rear reclining seats well now my wifes car has them but you guys get the point!

8. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    to be accepted in the honda community:

OEM/JDM fogs
    OEM lip
    lowered
    rotas

thats every car. its not even funny anymore. people need to step out of the box. ive complained about this before. fuck, on my 240, ill be getting LED/neons, strobes, huge wheels, big body kit, and a big fuckin' GT wing. hondas need to learn to just do what they like. if they like cheap wheels and oem parts, cool.

another thing i wanted to mention. all rota owners have the same story for buying them. "they're cheap and i dont want to bend a set of $1200 wheels." i have yet to see someone smack something big and they say "well atleast it was only a rota!" instead i head "i bent my fucking wheel! im a little bitch, blah blah blah."

the fact is, to keep your wheels nice. learn how to park, and learn how to drive. i have never curbed my wheels or bent anything on my after market ones. i bent a steelie, but it was doing 60mph into a curb. once again, my fault.

do people really have no clue about wheel repair shops? as long as you dont obliterate the wheel (crack it in half, etc) a bent lip is EASILY repairable for $100 or so. my friend had some beat up looking SSR Reverse Mesh wheels and they were bent and not balanced. he took them in and theyre as good as new. but i guess people would rather buy a new rota instead of fixing a bent legit wheel.

for all you pussies who complain about price. "$500 is better than $1200" bullshit, go get a life. save up and buy from OG wheel makers. fuck, im going to be investing heavily into my wheels and i will have no regrets. i KNOW i wont be seeing every other 240sx on the road with my wheels. spend the money or stop modifying your cars.

/rant

9. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Exactly!

10. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    har har har!!! (say it like a pirate!) here we go again!!!:slap:

11. ONEateEessex

ONEateEessex New Member

Start a Conversation
    well living in germany right now its not to comon to see fixed up j cars theres a few in my club but only one jdm style other than mine and i would realy call mine jdm style
    but like said befor im also done buying cheap stuff thats why i baught the gram lights for my car i could have easily baught some rota's or something else knock off equaly as cheap
    but there is still a side of me that when i had my civic hatch and baught rota for it i did it because that was what i could aford i like the look of them and and they fit with my build plan which was to get what was affordable and worth while

12. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    You really don't have to spend $1200 on real JDM rims. Average price for a set of Rotas (15x6.5-16x7 4x100) is $500-$600

This is some of the stuff you can get between $500-$700 that are also 15x6.5-16x7 4x100

$480-$600: brand new Buddy Club P-1 SFs (www.jhpusa.com)
    $650: used Mugen MR5s (www.rbmotoring.com)
    $550: used 15" Mugen RGs (www.rbmotoring.com)
    $650: used 16" Mugen RGs (www.rbmotoring.com)
    $580: used Wedsport RS-5s (www.rbmotoring.com)
    $670: used Work RS Betas (www.memoryfab.com)
    $550: used Blitz BRWs (www.memoryfab.com)
    $650: used AME Circular GTA (www.memoryfab.com)

And there is way way more than this that you can find if you look. There is also ebay, craigslist, and user classifieds on messageboards like this (ex: Dencio was selling a clean set of Volk Racing Groupe AVs- 16x7, 4x100). Point made?

13. ShaggyVTEC2000

ShaggyVTEC2000 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well I know how to drive and it's hard to swerve around pot holes and such in the road down here. I have never curbed my wheels or anything...I don't even rock Rota's I got Ls Mesh on my hatch...It had rotas when i bought it and I got rid of those with the quickness. And yall saying I'll buy these expensive rims so I can be different....Every "jdm" person has the same fuckin wheels....I still don't see the point..I'll admit I'd love to get my hands on a set of wheels...but I don't have the money to be puttin into wheels....The only way i could see doing that is if I got a set and had another set of wheels and just swap them out if I'm going to show off....that the only way I could see spending that money considering where I live..

I'm just venting b/c this guy I work with told me that I'm stupid for buyin rota's when he bought them b/4 me....sooo....I'm just ranting and venting....sorry...but thanks.