1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have any idea???

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by sPeEdYdA, Jul 10, 2006.

1. sPeEdYdA

sPeEdYdA New Member

Start a Conversation
    My girlfriend just got her car back from tha bodyshop and it seems to be eating gas like mad... She was in an accident in feb. and the car sat for a few months about 4. She bought tha car in feb. had it for two weeks and an oldlady made a left in front of her and thats the end of that... When she first had tha car though we didn't notice any gas milage problems, but now it seems to eat it pretty quick... Even with tha AC off. I'm gonna try a tuneup, but I just wasn't sure if that could be tha problem... Although I thought it might be a good place to start seeing as the car runs great and doesn't have any upgrades on the moter except a drop in airfilter... Oh yea its a 91da ls specialedition 1.8L non-v-tec... Any ideas would be greatly appricieated... THNX:cry:

2. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    could be running a lil rich maybe?.....i dunno honestly....prolly something wrong with the fuel delivery system...weather it be injectors, pump, fuel filter, etc....hopefully someone can help you if not id take it to a shop and have it diagnosed....

3. 2000CivicHatch

2000CivicHatch New Member

Start a Conversation
    I definitely recommend doing the usual tune-up crap like your spark plugs, wires, distributor, and check your fuel delivery system for any errors. Good luck!

4. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    maybe there's a gas leak

5. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    This is what I was going to suggest. :rocks:

6. sPeEdYdA

sPeEdYdA New Member

Start a Conversation
    Thnx....

THNX for all tha responses i've been busy and haven;t had time to update...
    The following morning after I posted I checked out tha car... Here you go, Tha vaccum hose to tha chaocal canister was disconnected.?!. This caused the moter to run rich from the extra air :baby: being delivered to tha system..
    Guess I should have took a look around before I involved "allyall" ,but thnx anyway... Thats what I LOVE about this forum erone has a killer attitude and are always willing to help...:rocks: Oh yea tha car runs better then ever now and my girl been drivin on $10 since I posted, AC and all...:spitdrink:

7. Flexin_K20

Flexin_K20 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Glad to hear everything worked out:thumbup: