1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto to Manual

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by EL BAN, Aug 21, 2006.

1. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    I have a 94 AUT del Sol with a SOHC motor, I just bought a 95 Civic Si manual tranny and want to know what tranny mount do I need to use. Some say I need an (EGAMH) Hydraulic Manual Transmission Mount for Automatic Chassis from hasport for example but isn't this mount for when you are installing a B-Series in the chassis or do I need it even if it's a d series tranny? Or can I use an OEM manual tranny mount from a civic or del sol?

2. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    im not sure but id imagine the OEM del sol or civic would work.....

i might call the honda dealership or an automotive shop they might know....either that or wait and hope someone here knows....

wish i could help more :-\

3. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    Thrule thank you for wanting to help, I just confirmed what I didn't want, I NEED an AUT TO MAN mount, this is made by hasport, it will run me about 175 about 50 bucks more than what the tranny cost me.. OWNED.. oh well

But still got questions..

What shift linkage should be used? I have OEM from the Civic Si that had the tranny? Or do I need them from a manual del sol? I believe it changes underbody, and I really can't seem to find where the shift linkage is mounted to the chasis..

ANYONE HAS ANY INFO??? I think EG Hatchbacks go thru the same process...

4. solbrothers

solbrothers JDMChat.com Loser!

Start a Conversation
    that sux im in the same boat... i wanna go auto to manual. oh well... im also going with a b20

5. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I think the shift linkage mounts to the shifter under where the shifter is. At least, that's what would make the most sense to me :p

6. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    Quick update, found a scrapped sol weeks ago.. went took the shift linkage, the hydraulic clutch line the center console, the clutch pedal, also found a flywheel, got everything for the swap now..

7. solbrothers

Start a Conversation
    oh i hate you... that sounded too easy

8. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    Funny thing it was..

I had the tranny for more than a month now, but it had the civic shift linkage.. A friend told me there was a guy who crashed a borrowed sol and ended up paying the owner for it and parting it out, he told him I needed a couple of thing from it and said tell him to bring 100 bucks and tools and he can take all he needs for the aut to man swap, I even took the cars evaporator cause mine was out, all I need now is the aut to man support but I will be using a custom support since a friend made one for an aut sol that went std also.. so he pretty much already knows what to do.. now I need to stop the car for a couple of days to do it, but work + university is draining me and I wed in about a month so the swap will be posponed a bit..

Lesson.. don't let a good offer go by..

9. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    congrats on the wedding.....

let us know how the swap goes....might not be a bad thing to document parts and all and could maybe to a DIY write up for the site.....

anyways just a thought....

nice find on the sol parts

congrats again man

10. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    Thank you very much, and yes I will be taking some time to take pics and a list of all necessary parts since my search really was a bit frustrating.. got some help on HT but some of it was confusing specifically about the shift linkage..

11. solbrothers

Start a Conversation
    good luck with the swap... i have all the mounts, shift linkage, and master and slave cylinder... but im still looking for a tranny... maybe a hydro zc???

12. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    ZC is a great tranny, if you get one at good price go for it..

I scored a mint 95 SI tranny for 100 bucks and it came attached with Civic Shift Linkage but it didn't work on the Sol, and it also has the axles attached,don't know if they could be used on my sol either, I definitely know the Shift Linkage is different so I bought it from a wrecked del Sol but not sure on the axles..

When are you planning on doing the tranny swap?

13. solbrothers

Start a Conversation
    ill be diong the swap ASAP... well as soon as the shop has time!!! So, the zc tranny is not going to be a problem? ive heard of people using this tranny and that you need to buy custom axles to put tit in a del sol?? is this true?? any help is greatly appreciated

14. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    Update:

Finally have everything down to the new Honda Oem Pressure Plate and Flywheel bolts :D

Now all I need is the time to stop the car for the tranny swap :D

solbrothers how is yours going?

15. Specter

Specter New Member

Start a Conversation
    it's pretty much as simple as this... any D series trans will mount to and D series engine, any B series trans will mount to any B series engine, F series and H series trans are swappable

it'll work, idk what shift linkages to use but the mounts will line up

16. solbrothers

Start a Conversation
    well you also have to keep in mind that honda changed from cable transmissions to hydraulic transmissions. so you have to get the right kind of transmission for your application

17. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    True it is simple, I also understand that there are methods of using b series tranny's on h series motors with a transmission adapter plate someone correct me if wrong.

Problem here specifically (in my conversion) is that transmission chassis mount point is different from in AUTOMATIC chassis and MANUAL chassis, so in order to complete this swap you need what is called an EGAMH ie eg (chassis code for 92-95 civics and sols) automatic to manual hydraulic mount.. or you can custom fabricate one as I will have done, also another interesting point is that the shift linkage of the civic is not plug and play with the del sol, thus I had to source them from a wrecked del Sol in order for everything be easier, you could also modify the cvc linkage to work. :)

18. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    Exactly, but I was lucky to score a 95 Si tranny which is hydraulic in mint condition for 125 when in PR any d series tranny runs at least 300+

Even got the complete hydraulic line from the del Sol I got the shift linkage and clutch pedal, I will take pictures and try to make a thread for reference to others..

19. solbrothers

Start a Conversation
    yeah you must get the del sol specific shift linkage. also if you want to go b series, you must get an EG2 shift linkage as it tis different that the SOHC shift linkage