1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B20

Discussion in '94-01 Integra' started by beardown22, Jun 1, 2006.

1. beardown22

beardown22 New Member

Start a Conversation
    If I can find one for the right price I think I might put one in my car maybe with a GS-R head eventually?Clutch is going to be upgraded soon with a lighter fly wheel--need to find a mechanic in AZ. My car has too many miles on it. I really want K20 ,but cash is a low. What are your thoughts?

2. Jdmfever

Jdmfever New Member

Start a Conversation
    Honestly, both are going to require time an money.

The K20, if you have the money. DO it. That motor, is pretty much the pinnacle of all swappable motors for Honda. You are probably going to make between 175-190hp and 145-150 ftlbs of tq. thats with the motor untuned and no mods done to it. But a complete swap meaning motor, tranny, mounts, EMS and all the other Knic-Knacks. the swap could come oit totaling over 10 grand on some cars.

Now with the B20 vtec, it will cheaper in the end but to make a good amount of horsepower out of the motor. It will take money. The best setup I have ever seen done is owned by my buddy Happy. He had the motor built by Pro Street Import. Here is his dyno sheet. Take mind that this is a fully built motor, wioth head work and block work. This number is to the wheels.

ai29.photobucket.com_albums_c266_Jdmfever_JoesDyno800x600.jpg

B20 is great to say you have but, having seen the end result of a B20vtec and Lsvtec I would do an LsVtec instead of a B20vtec.

So in the end it all comes down to money. If you have the money for the K20 do that. Otherwise, look into building a well built B series.

Rob
    ai29.photobucket.com_albums_c266_Jdmfever_JoesDyno800x600.jpg

3. beardown22

beardown22 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Thanks for the info

Well with your input it pointed me in the right direction.Thanks Again

4. 95tegls

95tegls New Member

Start a Conversation
    the only bad thing about the b20 is the weak cylinder walls