1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CALLING ALL CANADIAN RHDs... WE NEED YOUR HELP TO FIGHT TRANSPORT CANADA!

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by jhmed, Mar 21, 2007.

1. jhmed

jhmed Member

Start a Conversation
    We need your help.

In December of last year, ICBC (Insurance Corporation of BC) convinced the CCMTA (Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators) to petition Transport Canada to change the rules regarding importing vehicles. They want the age limitation raised from 15 to 25 years!! (Anyone want an '82 Civic or Skyline? Didn't think so...) These discussions are occuring behind closed doors and they are using speculation and erroneous information as the basis for this proposed change. In January, 2007, the IVOAC (Imported Vehicle Owner's Association of Canada) was formed to fight this change. WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!

ai16.photobucket.com_albums_b50_jhmed_Misc_scan0001_1.jpg

Protests in Alberta are being planned as we speak! We need the support from any/all Canadians who currently own an imported vehicle (EDM, JDM, Russian, BMW, Honda, Nissan, VW, MG - doesn't matter) or those who even think they MAY want to own one in the future!!!

We need everything; volunteers, donations; people with RHDs that can act/drive responsibly to show up at protests and some of the show/shines and spread the word to people who own JDM and other imported vehicles.

Even if someone who reads some posts and can chime in with some ideas... or something as simple as telling a friend to help spread the word... anything at all will help! Write your MP and tell them how you feel (respectfully, of course), the IVOAC even has sample letters to help and some guidelines for writing the government representative in your area.

The above JPG is a scan of business-sized cards, one of the IVOAC committee members created. Contact Wayne aka "crushers" at the IVOAC and have 20-30 sent to you... pass them out to JDM owners at car shows and events this season. If you see a JDM unit in a parking lot, toss a card under the wiper.

We're in the preliminary stages of planning protests; anyone with event planning experience is welcome (I'm helping organize one of the protests and have never done this before, so trust me, I'd really appreciate the assistance!), and we're thinking about filming at our functions (meets and protests) to make a series of small clips outlining our position for placement on YouTube and other video hosting sites...

If you want to help out but don't know how, reply or PM me here, or throw up a post on the 15years.ca site. Tell us what you like to do; hobby's etc... perhaps we can fit you in somewhere that utilizes your talents!

Thanks for reading guys!
    ai16.photobucket.com_albums_b50_jhmed_Misc_scan0001_1.jpg

2. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    good luck with the fight man. i would petition if i lived in Canada, but i live a few hours south. you guys kinda remind me of the surfrider foundation. both groups fight for good causes. alohaz.