1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

camber kit or not?

Discussion in '96-00 Civic' started by dcinaustin, Mar 13, 2007.

1. dcinaustin

dcinaustin Member

Start a Conversation
    I just got an SiR lip for my car and next I want to lower it, I was told that if I only lower it 1.5 inches that I wont need a camber kit, is that true?:help:

2. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    Basically, any time you lower the vehicle from its preset stock setting, it will require you to reset your camber and toe angles. Any amount of change will alter your tire's contact patch to the ground. The company SPC makes a great camber kit, as I have one on my Civic and never had a problem with it. Hope this helps!

3. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    ^^true. you don't need a camber kit right away, just take it to your local tire shop and have them readjust the alignment of your tires (i.e. toe/camber) the rear wheels have a tendency to get negative camber whenever you lower your vehicle. negative camber is not a bad thing, unless you have too much of it. excessive negative camber is good for the track if you're like autocrossing or whatnot, but for straightline driving, like normal day-to-day driving, excessive negative camber is horrible for your gas mileage and tires. there are good camber kits for sale online that go for 200 dollars and upwards...i suggest just saving up for a good suspension kit with a decent adjustable front and rear camber kit. if you do that, you'll be golden...just don't ever cut your springs.:)

4. dcinaustin

dcinaustin Member

Start a Conversation
    Thanks dudes!:rocks:

5. 95CivicEX

95CivicEX New Member

Start a Conversation
    i lowered my civic 1.5inchs and i needed a camber kit bad!!! I went with h&R Springs and Tokico Struts and i wore the shit out of my 14 inch tires so i got a camber kit and some 17's and now im good :)