1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Car Window Tinting***

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by minjae, May 21, 2006.

1. minjae

minjae New Member

Start a Conversation
    sup guys..just wondering how many are up for window tinting..
    cause im a tinter myself..and for some odd reason it's very slow business recently?

i mean cmon people..your car is basically naked without tint..

but wat percent tint do you guys prefer? 05, 10, 20, 35?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    I prefer 20. How much would you say is a fair price to tint a Del Sol?

3. Mikey

Mikey New Member

Start a Conversation
    I have tint on the back 3 windows of my hatch... What do you think the price would be for a place to take it off?

4. Feriohunni

Feriohunni New Member

Start a Conversation
    i dont really know what the percentage of tint i got done. but i got the darkest one on my car.

5. minjae

minjae New Member

Start a Conversation
    well it actually all depends on the tint shops around you..my store charges a little less than other tint shops around us cause let me tell ya..there's a lot around us..a lot of competition..but i would charge 120 to 130 cause of the back window..should be a b(*&^ to do..x]

hmm..no bubbling or anything? if it's perfectly fine than probably charge around 60..but again..it all depends on the tint shops.

AND ALSO..another thing about tinting..is that the tinter makes the price..there's no SET price..so if they dont want to do your car either cause it's hard or they just dont want to do it for some reason..o_O they up the price..so careful guys..just a heads up..:)

6. minjae

minjae New Member

Start a Conversation
    you probably got 05%..most likely..darkest one they have..unless they have darker..x] goodluck in not gettin pulled over for that..haha i personally like 20%

7. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    I was thinking about gettin mine, but then again I would rather have springs. It just seems like the last thing to do on my list, its not a real worry for me.

8. JCDC2

JCDC2 New Member

Start a Conversation
    i just had mine done not too long ago, i have 15/20 whatever u want to call it.. i like it best bc its dark enough but not too dark, i had the same tint on my old hatch, and yes if you dont have tint your car is naked!

9. minjae

minjae New Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah!! someone that thinks the same way i do..:rocks:

10. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I have my tinted and it's at 10% or so they say. I'd like to get 5%, but they'd have to take all my tint off. What you think that would run? I have a 97 Integra.

11. minjae

minjae New Member

Start a Conversation
    hm and im guessing it's 2dr? but you do kno that once you take it off and retint it wont come out AS perfect cause they might miss the glue here and there..but i would charge 70 to 80 to remove and then 140 to retint..but once again..all depends on the tint shops around you..:googly:

12. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yeah it's a 2 dr. You're saying it might not be as good the first time because of they might miss the glue?

13. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    eh, i dont like tint. i like my nice clear windows :)

14. LaMbErT*

LaMbErT* New Member

Start a Conversation
    I aint got mine tinted yet but i wanna get the supposid "JDM" tints but i dunno what percentage they are!

15. minjae

minjae New Member

Start a Conversation
    there's jdm tint?? o_O never heard of it..blasphemy..haah syke..if there is go for it..but all tint is basically the same..just some tint is better quality than others..such as 3m and solor guard..=]

16. minjae

minjae New Member

Start a Conversation
    like the back window mainly..you cant use a razor blade on it so you have to put a black trash bag under it so it's covering whole back window then you bake it under the sun and then peel it off..it MIGHT come off clean..or there might be a lot of glue left over on the back window, and if there is glue they gotta use a scrub pad and watever solution they use to take it off..a lot of work..and they cant get all the little glue pieces that are left over..so yeah..x] and also depends wat tint shop you go to..heh

17. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    i got my 92 accord coupe's tint removed and new tint put on for $80 lol...found a nice lil shop they did an ok job not the best....but my del sol came with tint..its like 35% supposedly but looks like its about 20...i like it cause it keeps the sun out and from ppl being nosy looking in my car

18. PT-R

PT-R New Member

Start a Conversation
    A tint shop that I have taken my last few cars too uses a computerized method and a tint cutter. They enter the year make and model...the cutter pre-cuts the tint and they apply it to the car. The back window of course comes out in one solid piece. :computerrage:

19. minjae

minjae New Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah..my store might get that..5000? but worth it in a way..save like 30 minutes..haha