1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch making a weird noise

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by familycar-GSR, Sep 15, 2006.

1. familycar-GSR

familycar-GSR New Member

Start a Conversation
    I just installed an act six puck with an extreme pressure plate and ever since the install, my car makes a chirping noise (sounds a lot like a cricket, but its constant) whenever the clutch isn't pushed in. People have told me it is the throw out bearing, is this true. If anyone knows or has any suggestions let me know. Also, does anyone know where to get a turbo rebuilt. I have a full kit but need a rebuild on the turbo. Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Specter

Specter New Member

Start a Conversation
    no it sounds like the clutch is not dissengaging fully. check that you don't have the clutch cable adjusted to tight and if this is a hydro trans check that the adjustment on the pedal is not to close to the master.

if it was the throwout bearing it would be making this noise when the clutch is depressed

3. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    mine was doing the same thing at first before i bought this other del sol....go get it looked it....could be throw out/pilot bearing.....my pilot bearing cracked and yea then i had to get a new tranny and clutch....so get it looked at ASAP and dont drive it until you do...

4. familycar-GSR

familycar-GSR New Member

Start a Conversation
    Thanks for the input, i'll take it to get looked at monday, i'm gonna be pissed if my mechanic installed it wrong. Can i hold him liable or am i screwed???

5. suckawillis

suckawillis New Member

Start a Conversation
    I ust went through this with act. It turned out the pressure plate was defective, they warrantied all parts, but not the labor my mechanic had to put ion for doing the job twice. I would say regardless its on your mechanic and he needs to pull evreything apart again and check it out. You probably will have to pay again if you supplied the clutch. Its not his problem if ACT sent you a faulty part. If he supplied it demand satisfaction.

6. Jay7

Jay7 New Member

Start a Conversation
    If you did not change the throwout bearing when you installed the new clutch then I would install the bearing. I've noticed with the Honda/Acuras when you use a 6puck bronze clutch you sometimes do get the cricket noise and its normal nothing to worry about. If you need your turbo rebuilt I'm in NYC you'll have to send me your turbo to get rebuilt at my friend turbo shop. Let me know what exactly happened to the turbo, what type of turbo it is and size, flange size, and all the specs u know about the turbo. I'll talk to my friend who rebuilds them to get you a decent rebuild quote..