1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coilovers??????????????

Discussion in '92-95 Civic' started by vtecturbo18, Jul 18, 2006.

1. vtecturbo18

vtecturbo18 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Whats Up Well I Got A Eg Coupe An Well I Want To Put The Best Coilover Set Money Is Not An Option I Will Pay Whatever As Long As The Coilover Set I Get Dont Bounce All The Time An Will Be Good For Performance So Need Some Help Here Thanx

2. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Not sure as to what best, but I'm planning to upgrade to Tein SS Coilovers. You want something that has the strut with it, not sleeves like Skunk2 and you want to be able to adjust ride quality (damper).

3. Miller Rallyesp

Miller Rallyesp New Member

Start a Conversation
    Check into Proflex they are from across the pond but come with a remote reservoir and are designed for racing. We run a set of gravel spec suspension on our 93 Si. They are awesome. You are probally looking at around $3000. If you need a reputable US distributor let me know we have a great one in Seattle.

4. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Gravel spec suspension, wouldn't that be too soft for the street??? :confused: And $3000 for a daily driven Civic, probably would be out of the range for most Civic Owners (the suspension costs almost much as a stock EG :eek:hsnap: but he did say money wasn't an object).

Perhaps you would consider going Mugen Sports Damper Kit (non height adjustable) 50000-XG5-K3S0 for about $1000 or Tein Flex coilovers sytem, they will run about $1500 or so.

These are both designed for Street use. But if you are looking for anything performance wise, usually the ride will be stiffer. And if you are bouncing then usually the car is lowered too much or this happens with many low quality springs which tend to have no R&D put into them. So whatever set up you decide go with reputable manufacturers.

:2cents:

5. Miller Rallyesp

Miller Rallyesp New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yeah $3000 might be a little steep for a daily driver but he said money was no object and Proflex does make suspension for Tarmac. It's nice and stiff and used by the Type R Civics run in europe for tarmac events. My hope is that if he does spend the money on a nice set of suspension that it isn't for a car that will never see a track.

Mine just happens to be gravel spec because that is what most of the rallies in the states are.

Hope all this helps.

6. darkcvc

darkcvc New Member

Start a Conversation
    Tein SS, always been my love, never had problems, and I have had 3 sets b4, gonna have my 4th soon :thumbup:

7. SiRalex16v

SiRalex16v New Member

Start a Conversation
    well .... if money is not an option .. i would say Go with Zeal Function Xs... they are about 2600 ish... but if you really want the best of the best .. Look up Ohlins ... that would be the best of the best... Hands down .. nothing else better .. here is the USA office...

USA
    Öhlins USA Inc.
    703-C Old Spartanburg Road
    Hendersonville, N.C. 28792
    Tel. +1 828 692 4525
    Fax. +1 828 692 0595
    E-mail: doug.shaw@ohlinsusa.com

8. vtecturbo18

vtecturbo18 New Member

Start a Conversation
    thanx guys for your help but i was reading up on the nex coilovers kit what do you think of those

9. SiRalex16v

SiRalex16v New Member

Start a Conversation
    you said best .. money is no option ... Ohlin's buddy hands down!