1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cost of engine and swap

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by Thrule01, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    was looking @ b16 gen 1 and 2...theres like a $200 price difference....the only major difference i noticied is that the gen 2 hits peak hp at a slightly lower RPM....besides that is there any other main difference?

and also....would much approx do you think it would cost to swap either into a 95 del sol si....and if i got one of the packages from www.passwordjdm.com
    would i need any other parts or would it all be there...thanks....

links for engines:

http://www.passwordjdm.com/product....ageHistory=&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=134

http://www.passwordjdm.com/product....ageHistory=&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=134

2. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
  3. suckawillis

suckawillis New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well, I know both owners personally, ironically they are both named steven lol. Hmotors has clean motors that he cleans up and takes care of. Password brings them in and sets them in the warehouse, so you look get exactly how it came(no cleaning means all leaks are visible/wear /tear) as far as the motor, yours is an si, so you need this motor- http://www.passwordjdm.com/product....ageHistory=&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=134

technically you dont need an ecu, cause your stock one is chippable :)

My advice get a gsr. the del sol is heavy, and a needs some torque. Password jdm gives you everything you need, and for a b16a there will be almost no wiring and you use your stock harness. all you will need is axles mounts and shift linkage, which should all come with the swap. If you get the motor and need help w/ install, let me know and I can help you with wiring/install issues. Good luck

4. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    and how much install would cost?....i work all the time so i have no free time....

5. suckawillis

suckawillis New Member

Start a Conversation
    Shop all charge differently. I do swaps for 3-400 but Im in Los Angeles. I would say an average install price is like 550-600

6. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    A first gen b16 has a cable clutch and is made for 88-91 ef's.Also it is obd0. The B16A2 has a hydraulic clutch and is for all 92-up hondas and is obd1 also I think it has 10 more hp than the first gen (170 instead of 160)