1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crap! Ring Red of Death!

Discussion in 'Video Game Junkies' started by 13BT, Aug 25, 2006.

1. 13BT

13BT New Member

Start a Conversation
    Okay, so recently my Xbox360 took a dump on me. i have 3 red rings being displayed on the power button which indicates a hardware failure . i tried powering up without the HD but still no luck. Im goin to have to bite on getting it repaired which I hear is around $150 with shipping all because I didn't purchase the extended warranty! Argh! Also, did I mention that i've only had the system 4 months? I have never abused the system or discs in any way and this is what I get. This kinda pushes me away from purchasing a launch PS3 but we'll see.

So has this problem happened to any of you? :computerrage:

2. Specter

Specter New Member

Start a Conversation
    i've heard of overheat problems... but no HD failures...

and why on a $400 system did you NOT buy the extended coverage???

idiot :twak:

3. 13BT

13BT New Member

Start a Conversation
    Come on, man. That's a little harsh there. Foolish would be more like it. I just don't believe in buying a warranty for products like this. Most of the *>$1000 products that I buy I wouldn't get a warranty on just because I feel the manufacturer should have it in saleable condition with no defects what so ever. Especially with a big name such as Microsoft, I just didn't believe that I needed it.