1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16z6 issues

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by Thrule01, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    i just picked up a 2nd 95 del sol si....the tranny grinds like woah...ive been told different things from different ppl....from its the synchros, the axle, and that whole tranny is bad....now i know yall cant diagnose the issue via the net...but my question is...is it worth buying a used tranny and getting it installed or should i just do a swap?....also if i was gonna go from a d16z6 to say a b16 would i have to change out the axles? or would i just need engine,tranny, cpu?

the engine has 175k on it

i have roughly 1k to spend....

please no negative comments

2. cabezzzdb8

cabezzzdb8 New Member

Start a Conversation
    For what is gonna cost you to rebuild it, (around 800 buck) just get another EX/SI tranny, theyre pretty easy to find and pretty cheap(i've seen them go for about 60 bucks locally) or a DX/LX tranny will fit fine too but the gear on those are longer than the SI tranny, so it will hurt acceleration, hope this helps

3. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    i would say look around online for either the Y8 tranny or another Z6 tranny. saw some on eBay the other day. but if you run outta options, i have a spare Y7 tranny (from my 97 civic LX) sitting in my house that i could sell to you. the tranny came off my old motor with 56K miles on it. it was in good working order when we pulled it off the old motor. no grinding or anything. if you're interested, just let me know mang. and if you are, i'll give more info about the tranny. aloha, and good luck.:)

4. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well you can get that tranny for cheap, so try to find a spare S20 tranny somewhere close by.

If you go B16, then you will need axles from a Del Sol VTEC since they had the B16 stock.

5. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    thanks alot for all the help and input...

6. suckawillis

suckawillis New Member

Start a Conversation
    buy mine, 00 ex tranny clean no grinds 125 plus shipping :)

7. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
  8. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    taking car to honda dealership to get it diagnosed.....if they wanna charge an ass load for tranny and clutch ill just have them fix the idle surge depending on the price....if i dont do decide to fix the problem its $90 + tax....so we will know hopefully next tues afternoon...apt is tues morning...

still prolly gonna want your tranny suckawillis...