1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damn drivers side headlight, i hate you!

Discussion in '96-00 Civic' started by 97-ferio, Nov 30, 2006.

1. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    you wanna know what's worse than changing your driver's side bulb on a 6th gen? the answer is changing your driver's side bulb when it's -30+ degrees out with 10-15MPH winds w/o a garage. i'm sure it's not too big of a problem if you don't have power steering, but my car still has it...and man was it a bitch to change that stupid bulb out lastnight(it always is a pain tho), especially when the power steering reservoir hose is frozen from the cold and feels like a steel bar...and then not feeling your hands after 5 mins of fidgeting with the bulb plug and rubber boot on the headlight assembly. gah, i hate changing the driver's side bulb with a passion. i kept thinking i was gonna break the power steering reservoir hose in half when i moved the damn reservoir out the way. thank god i didn't. luckily, i finally moved into a place w/a garage, so i shouldn't have to worry about this dilemma anymore...hopefully, hehe:)

2. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    Nor will this guy... GARAGE, YAY! I should pay rent, cuz I am coming over all the time to clean the car inside and out, detail it, wash it...I am taking over your garage! Btw, are you getting a shop vac?

3. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    dude, i've had a shop vac now for the longest time, i guess i just forgot to tell ya about it...i bought one of those little tiny $20 ones from wal-mart a while ago for cleaning out my car. and yeah, stop by anytime when i'm around...i'll get ya that new number tomorrow.:)

4. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    i just changed mine on the s13. 12 screws later it was out :mad:

5. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    When I did mine, 97-Ferio was there and I swear, it was like watching a monkey doing a math problem... Then him and I had a conversation about it that was like riding on a merry-go-round... Finally, 10-20 mosquito bites later, we achieved the light bulb switch to 8000k Sylvania Silver Star bulbs. 3 months later, I am in the Honda hospital and the tech is yelling at me because I put too high wattage light bulbs in the car and fried the low beam wires and the light circuit switcher on the left of the steering wheel. They did a courtesy replacement and told me never do that again...and I didn't do it again. I have stock bulbs again!

6. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah, i remember when we changed your bulbs out. that's crazy that they ended up frying the wiring in your car. i guess i've been lucky with my car. i use bulbs i order from Japan...was running PIAA super plasma gt-x bulbs...now i'm running some raybrigs i've had from okinawa. i have all these H4 bulbs all over my house, lol. i really didn't like the silverstars from sylvania, or whatever they're called...they just didn't work as good as the bulbs i've always used before from Japan. and the factory halogen H4 bulbs are too yellow...white is the way to go for lighting.:)