1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

death in the JDM fam

Discussion in 'Off Topic - Anything' started by Deibidosan, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    My father-in-law died the day before yesterday from cancer. He was 56. Today was his service. It was a budhist service. Really hard for us. We've been taking him all over the place for treatments. Kumamoto, Fukuoka, and here in Sasebo. Trying anything to save his life. He found out in Sep of last year that he had bone cancer in his spine. The Dr. said that he would be paralized in less than 2 months. His cancer spread to his collar bone. And then to his lungs. The Dr. was wrong. He walked until about a week ago.

He was very active. As we have a big boat that we go out fishing and swimming in the ocean. And I think his main joy in life was to be fishing with his grandchildren. Another reason he was so active was that he was a realtor. So he had to be on the go all the time. Hustling if you will. He was also a PADI scuba instructor. And when he was 20 he was the #1 ranked gymnist in Kyushu.

His mother is still alove and was very sad about his condition. She said that no matter how old your kids get, they are still a cuddly little baby to you. Last night she slept in the funeral parlor on the floor next to a picture of him. In Japan you sometimes come across people who can trace their families back to samurai. The Shibata family is directly traceable back to a high ranking samurai in Kyushu. I really feel like my father-in-law had the heart of his samurai ancestors. He fought very hard to live to stay here with us. But cancer is sometimes even stronger than the toughest samurai.

As many differences as we had and tension between us at times, I will never stop missing him.

2. L3gkang

L3gkang New Member

Start a Conversation
    wow so sorry to hear that i lost my mom to cancer a few years back and have a sister in law fighting and 1 who just past from it!

3. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    i am so sorry for your loss....tasha (my fiance's mom) died last april 1st from colon cancer...

its going to be tough for a while as you can imagine...the best of luck and my condolences to you and your family

4. Specter

Specter New Member

Start a Conversation
    i'm very sorry to hear that man...

there is not much that i can say that will mean anything over the internet, but i'm sorry.

5. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    sorry to hear about your losses. stay strong

6. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    David,
    :( My deepest condolences as well. Hang in there...just know he must of been happy to have a class act of a son in law that truly cared.

7. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Thanks alot guys.
    Sorry to hear about your losses as well.

Yea it's hard at first. Like when I see his keys on the shoebox in our entraceway, it feels like he's home. I had to move his car the other day and I saw his open pack of cigs. Personal stuff like that is always hard to see. It's gonna be really hard when we get around to going down to the marina to clean the boat. Just driving past there rips my heart out.

8. L3gkang

L3gkang New Member

Start a Conversation
    Stay strong and you have to think he's in a way better place and isnt suffering any more! now he's watching over your family!

9. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    I'm so sorry. Stay strong and keep that warrior spirit alive.

10. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Stay Strong.

Its Really Hard for me when it comes to losing Loved Ones,
    I Lost my Grandfather when I was very young and his Death Devastated Our Family for Many Years. Today I look back at our life together and I remember the Good Times, those moments we had together will never be forgotten in my Heart ...

My Advice to you would be to take this Time to Celebrate his Life.
    Know that he Led a Great Life and he is Looking Down On You and Your Whole Family Right Now.