1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Del Sol Dash Removal (for radio)

Discussion in 'Del Sol' started by Vector, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Vector

Vector New Member

Start a Conversation
    Hey guys, DelSlowSI was trying put a new head unit in his car and we were having some trouble removing it, do you guys have any pics or tuts that could help us out? 95 Del Sol

2. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
  3. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    OOOOH! That was a good find! I couldn't find anything pertaining to a 95 Del Sol stereo install for about half an hour... I looked at it and it will get you through the install all the way to the end!

4. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    awsome, now only if i could readit lol. i was gona type it up from personal exp. but it would have took forever. incase it didnt say it in there, be careful with the shifter consol, it can be tough to work with and will sometimes break if not careful.

5. djdshaw

djdshaw New Member

Start a Conversation
    The team del sol instructions are spot on, I followed it when I installed my head unit. The only tip I would give is when you remove all the screws & try to remove the trim with the slide up cover, it is held by a clip in the middle under the heater so do not be afraid to give it a good pull.
    Also if you may need a wiring loom adaptor. I fitted a Kenwood head unit & had to get a short adaptor harness to connect to the honda loom.

6. DelSlowSI

DelSlowSI New Member

Start a Conversation
    i got it all done...looks good but im kinda mad that i had to remove the great del sol sliding piece for my head unit to fold out....i will post up pics of my interior soon

7. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    /\ ya definatly post up some pics, thats strange how you had to remove the radio cover. what head unit do you have? mine is a flipdown style and it clears fine. hmm.

8. Vector

Vector New Member

Start a Conversation
    his turns out real great, and the light is awesome at night time. i dont even notice that the door is gone.

thanks for all the info guys!