1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay chips

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by DelSlowSI, Oct 23, 2006.

1. DelSlowSI

DelSlowSI New Member

Start a Conversation
    Can i get any personal opinions or has anybody purchased the Ebay "mugen" or "Spoon" chips off ebay? are they crap or are they good....my friend may buy one and i told him i would ask around before he went off buying something that could be fake. thanks

2. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    I get everything off ebay but thats one thing I wouldnt buy off ebay unless you can verify that it is a reputable source. You could buy a "spoon" chip off there and stare at it all day and not be able to tell if it was real or not so do your research first!

...one more thing. PLEASE dont buy those "speed chips" that are just a $.10 resistor and just trick your ECU because i will be foreced to laugh at you!

3. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Stay away from them, they are not Mugen nor Spoon. Junk imho, they will usually just remove the Rev Limiter and or modify the air/fuel ratio or ???. You never know what you are getting or the competence of the maker.

4. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    I cannot stress the importance of purchasing a chip from a reputable company like K-Pro or other like them. A good warranty and a professional reflash are always a plus! Also, some companies offer an insurance warranty on your ORIGINAL ECU, so if thier reflashed program completely botches you stock ECU, they will replace it for FREE! Chips are just one of those "special" little tools that can easily mess up you she-yit! Take care in choosing my friend...

5. DelSlowSI

DelSlowSI New Member

Start a Conversation
    alright thanks i will tell my buddy to stay away from them