1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fog light wiring

Discussion in 'Accord' started by snyds, Oct 22, 2009.

1. snyds

snyds New Member

Start a Conversation
    Hey guys I got a question that I hope someone can shed some light on. I have a 93 accord ex. I bought a fog light switch from someone in new zealand on ebay. I want to add aftermarket fog lights but use the factory switch. Now I know the American version did not come with fogs. The japanese version did however. So i was wondering if someone could provide info or a wiring diagram so I could wire up these lights properly. I have attached a few photos. The wire colors are red, red with black stripe, red with black stripe, red with yellow stripe, and black. So my guess is black is the ground. The two red with black stripes are for each fog light. The red is the power wire. The red with yellow stripe goes to an accessory wire. Thanks.
    IMG_0027.jpg IMG_0028.jpg

2. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    some of those are going to a relay and whatnot. I have a whole fog light wiring harness with the same switch so I will post up a description later.

3. snyds

snyds New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yea I would appreciate that. I figured out that the black is the ground the red/black wire goes to the illumination. The red/yellow I haven't figured out yet. I'm assuming the red is a power wire. Thanks for ur help.