Fs: d16y8 head and tranny

Discussion in 'User Classifieds Ads - Buy and Sell' started by suckawillis, Jul 5, 2006.

1. suckawillis

suckawillis New Member

Start a Conversation
    Selling complete mini me swap with blown headgasket or will sell head and tranny seperate. make me some offers guys

2. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    how much would you be willing to sell just the head for? i'll offer $100. i wonder how much it would cost to ship to Minot, ND (58701). well, let me know. thanks.=)

3. suckawillis

suckawillis New Member

Start a Conversation
    I will do 100 but for only the head, no intake manifold or distributor.
    shipping is 40$

4. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    that's not a bad deal mang...let me see what i can do. i already have the intake manifold and distributor...wait, can i use the distributor for my D16Y7? i have a skunk2 intake manifold for a D16Y8 on my Y7, it was kind of a tricky installation. well, i'll let you know sometime soon man. unless you sell it before i get back to you. alohaz. =)

5. suckawillis

suckawillis New Member

Start a Conversation
    No problem man. And your dizzy should work ok but will go out fast if you Are spinning the motor to like 7500. I would get the correct distributor eventually if I were you.

6. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    yah, i feel yah...i stayed up late last night looking up D16Y8 parts...just for a reference what else would i need to do the head swap? i know i would need the Y8 ECU...would i need the wiring harness from the Y8 too? just wondering. thanks again mang. oh, and how would i go about getting you payment for the D16Y8 head? alohaz.=)

7. suckawillis

suckawillis New Member

Start a Conversation
    pay through paypal. or deposit into my bank account, or send me a money order. You will need the cu, and you can use your stock harness. ou just have to wire vtec, knock sensor, and rewire the idle air control valve from three wire to two wire. otherwise get a harness. I have a y8 ecu for a 99-00 so if your car is 99-00 I can sell it to you for 50$ shipped. LMK-or call the shop 323-936-3535.

thanks-
    Robby @ winmotorsports

8. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    nah, i have a 97 LX 5-speed MT...it's cool though, i found a 96-98 EX MT ECU on ebay for $20. would you happen to have the wiring harness tho? if so, how much would u sell for?:confused: oh, and i'll prolly send you payment via U.S. postal service money order.

9. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    yah, fo sho bro, but i usually shift gears at like 5K or 6K rpms, so i shouldn't have to worry for a little bit i guess.=)

10. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    hey mang, something came up in the family and i may not be able to use the money i had set aside for the head. it kinda sucks cause i really want to buy this thing from you, but my family has to come first. i apologize if this causes any problems bro. if you're willing to hold it, i can pay for it on the first of the month. but if not, i understand totally. i'm kinda bummed tho.:cry: oh wellz. well, let me know man. and i'll be in touch. thanks in advance for your time.=) alohaz braddah. :)

11. suckawillis

suckawillis New Member

Start a Conversation

no prob man, good luck