1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got Smoked... 03' Civic SI VS Eclipse GS

Discussion in 'Racing and Track Battles' started by panzer_ko, Oct 25, 2006.

1. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well, I was at my local Hollywood Video tonight, and 2 high school dudes, come up to me and were like "wanna run?" So I go see what car they have. It's a Mitsubishi Eclipse GS... Normally, I should be able to take one of these stock, no problem. Well, he said he doesn't do "hood pops" so I said, whatever, and we raced. To make a long story short, he was packing turbo of course, why wouldn't he right? I figured that out after I had smoked him by two car lengths and two gears shifts, then I hear a huge whooosh, and he flys by me...Long turbo spool nonetheless, but I got smoked. I tucked tail and went home. I was very happy with the performance of my EP3 though...two car lengths in 2 gears? I had fun. He said my car was quicker than he thought it would be, so my blown cash hasn't been for nothing!

2. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    at least he wasnt all cocky about it and such. how much $ did you lose? usually when someone says they dont do hood pops, i get cautious bout how much cash i bet and i at least check the nose for an intercooler just to know what im up against. the new V6 eclipse is pretty strong but still not to my liking.

better luck next time man :thumbup:

3. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    TODA + ITB's= bad a$$

sounds like a good run. two car lengths is pretty good for your EP even though he caught up once his turbo spooled up. you'll get him next time bro...just gotta get a turbo kit for your K20, either that or build it from the bottom up to run N/A...that'd be bad, with ITB's and the TODA kit, time to start saving up my brotha...mwahahahaha:evil:

4. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    I lost ZERO dollars... I don't race for money unless I know I can win! LOL...

5. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    /\ lol wise choice man!