1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green Kevlar & Carbon Bonnet

Discussion in 'Del Sol' started by djdshaw, Jul 14, 2006.

1. djdshaw

djdshaw New Member

Start a Conversation
    Just fitted this bonnet its a weave of Green Kevlar & Carbon & is about half the weight of the standard bonnet what you guys think.
    I think it goes well with Samba Green
    (Ignore the panel gap the bonnet was'nt shut !)

aimg105.imageshack.us_img105_3564_dscf00045xq.jpg
    aimg105.imageshack.us_img105_9621_dscf00021ya.jpg
    aimg105.imageshack.us_img105_3564_dscf00045xq.jpg aimg105.imageshack.us_img105_9621_dscf00021ya.jpg

2. Slo-EG1

Slo-EG1 New Member

Start a Conversation
    looks good man

3. xjdmshezx

xjdmshezx New Member

Start a Conversation
    pretty tight i like it alot... something different from the regular carbon hood..

4. 2000CivicHatch

2000CivicHatch New Member

Start a Conversation
    looks good. however, i have come to find that stock hood > carbon hood. I have my reasons :)

5. DR-MVP

DR-MVP New Member

Start a Conversation
    i luv the green and the fogs and the cf but not a fan of those headlights. the car looks great

6. 2000gsr

2000gsr New Member

Start a Conversation
    That hood or "bonnet" as you call it looks sick on the car. In the last pic it looks like it is straight green.

7. EvilSol

EvilSol New Member

Start a Conversation
    wow, i've never seen that hood before, looks good, whered u get it?

not bashing you or anything, but im just wondering what your reasons are? im deciding whether or not i want a cf hood

8. RARE_EG2

RARE_EG2 New Member

Start a Conversation
    i like it..it looks good..:rocks: ..something different:thumbup:

9. djdshaw

djdshaw New Member

Start a Conversation
    The reason for fitting it is that I have just had a respray & the original "hood" had several small dents & marks where the previous owner had dropped stuff on it. The guy at the garage said it would take him quite a while to fill it, sand it & paint it.
    The other option was to fit a stock steel hood, which would again would need painting.
    Fitting this saves weight, did'nt need painting & saved me money on the respray !

10. 2000CivicHatch

2000CivicHatch New Member

Start a Conversation
    It's cool! Here are some before/after pics for a visual. For all fairness, I tried to get pics that were around the same stage (besides the hood of course):

Before [dont mind the fogged headlight :furious:]:
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v604_2000CivicHatch_Civic046.jpg

After:
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v604_2000CivicHatch_Civic113.jpg

Now my reasons are:
    1. Carbon fiber hoods can be really expensive!
    2. Most of the time they do not fit right ( I had to cut my radiator support for it to close properly!)
    3. I just don't need one! My car is barely pushing 100hp, so why would i need to reduce my weight? It's not like I'm racing or anything, lolz

Keep in mind that this is just my :2cents:. My goal isn't to start an e-fight. haha, but yeah, If you like carbon hoods then by all means...do it! because it does look good, just like djdshaw has shown!
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v604_2000CivicHatch_Civic046.jpg aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v604_2000CivicHatch_Civic113.jpg

11. Flexin_K20

Flexin_K20 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Whatever^that guy is all about an E-battle
    J/K
    I'm on the fence anout ur bonnet right now.....
    I have had both so...
    I'm gonna go ahead and give you 2 :thumbup: for being very original:rocks: :rocks:

12. djdshaw

djdshaw New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yo 2000Civichatch.
    I agree carbon hoods can be expensive, the guy who runs the Del Sol owners club in the UK sells these & they fit no problem all the holes for the seal, mounting points are there along with the holes for the washer jets.
    I had to replace the hood when I had a respray it had too many little dents, a steel hood + prep work + respray isn't far off the same.
    I have around 200bhp but have the electric transtop which adds weight.
    I have already stripped out all the aircon (around 70lbs + loss of 10 bhp if you use it) so the extra few pounds with the hood is worth saving for me.
    The other reason I went with this one is its not straight carbon, the kevlar gives it that green tint which in my case suits the car.
    Each to his own you earn your money you spend it how you like,you cant please everyone otherwise life would be so boring so dude you have your car how you like it & be happy about it .. I am