1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h22a swap

Discussion in 'Del Sol' started by lambosol, Jun 10, 2006.

1. lambosol

lambosol New Member

Start a Conversation
    just swap to h22a .Wow what torque.Having roblem with axels.Was told to use acura integra gsr on the passenger side .what do I need for the drivers side?drives like on wooden wheels.Terrible vibration

2. delsolmidget

delsolmidget New Member

Start a Conversation
    ummm i may be wrong here and you may nto need the help anymore but when i did this swap i had to use both integra and prelude axles. prelude on both sides into the intermediate shaft and then mate the integras with them to go into the wheels. or you could just buy the axles online from a company. i forgot the name but i thought doing this was easier. and everyone can ban the hell out of me if you think i am dumb as hell.

3. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    im not sure if you are right or not delsolmidget, but no one here will "ban the hell out of you! lol! you did the swap so i think you should know! :)

4. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    Did you solve the issue? You say you have terrible vibration.. I swapped an H22 into my Accord and it was perfect some time after it started to have lots of vibration the motor mounts were solid so it wasn't that when we kept checking it turned out to be the intermediate shaft bearing.. I put a new one in and all the vibration dissapeared..

5. delsolmidget

delsolmidget New Member

Start a Conversation
    which mounts did you use? cause i used the hasport mounts and my car vibrates like hell sometimes.

6. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    My friend had that problem with his EG, he used hasport mount and wht he did was he put a big "arandela" don't know how to say it in english I think its washer..

aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_thumb_2_2f_Washers.agr.jpg_300px_Washers.agr.jpg

He places one on each side of the mount between the mount and the chassis to separate it a bit and the vibration was reduced a lot..
    aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_thumb_2_2f_Washers.agr.jpg_300px_Washers.agr.jpg

7. delsolmidget

delsolmidget New Member

Start a Conversation
    cool man thanks for the advice i might try that

8. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    Maybe it won't eliminate it completely but it will help a bit with the vibrations..