Heated JDM discussion on ephatch.com

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by panzer_ko, Nov 4, 2006.

1. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    I had to get involved in this one! I think you should all read the thread and post your comments here! Some major JDM *thunking* going on! Not cool! Read my posts too, do I make sense?

:disregard, I can't get it on here without being logged one:

2. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    ^ Gotta be signed in to see that link.

3. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    hey chad, where's the thread located on ephatch, maybe i can copy it and paste onto a reply i make to your thread here...let me know mang:)

4. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    well, come to find out, it's an extremely long/pointless thread with people flaming on eachother...you know, the whole 9. ummm, i guess you would say it falls along the same lines of the Rota thread we had in here a while back.

taken from ephatch.com...thread title: What It's The Deal With Jdm Look!!!
    here's what i wrote...not sure if i'm mistaken tho:) i thought i sounded reasonable, no one argued my point.:woot:
    "wow, what a heated discussion:) well, "JDM" has multiple meanings nowadays. when i lived in Japan, all it was is the local Domestic market for there. if you've ever gone to Japan you will notice that a lot of the Japanese guys are into american tuning, as well as our big engined domestic vehicles. when they build-up their vehicles there, it could entail a number of things being implemented into the build of the car. the car could either be performance oriented; built for form and function; built clean and tastefully; built for show; riced out; or even a mix of all these ideas combined. Japanese car parts are nice because they are a rarity in the U.S. for the most part, and they can compliment your vehicle. when you use factory parts designed for the japanese version of your vehicle, it adds a nice touch. but then you get some guy like joe deuschebag that buys a toyota badge and sticks it on his cavalier and says it's JDM styled...and he's not wrong, because the toyota cavalier does exist in Japan...the point here is that people have turned the phrase "JDM" into a fad, which makes it very unappealing. it's kinda hard to decipher what "JDM" really means now, as people have different definitions for the term. it's no longer a unique type of styling, and yes, it can make a car look ugly in some instances. "JDM" has essentially become the new rice...if you go onto eBay and type in the letters JDM, you come upon millions of cheap knockoff parts. for the purists of this following, i think it all entails staying true to form, function, and looking clean. rare parts are cool, and when your car is styled like its japanese equivalent, it looks neat to those in the know, but those with the untrained eye will just think it's a normal vehicle. i mean, afterall, OEM/JDM parts are really just factory parts. i like the Japanese styling, but i stay open minded because everyone is doing it, and it's getting pretty old now. i kinda hate threads like this because it's a never ending debate as to who's right or wrong...it's like debating why you should or shouldn't own Rotas.=)

the main point here is do what you think looks good to your car, because it's your car. who cares what other people think about your car, you styled it for your own personal taste.

that's all i have, i guess on with the discussion eh"
    excerpt from ephatch.com as written by me, 97-ferio

feel free to step to this if you like, but i kinda wanna use this as a deterrant to future threads, like this one on ephatch, from ending up on our beloved site. werd son.:woot:

5. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    I agree, that one guy (oldskoo) is notorious for flaming people wit his I-Know-It-All attitude. Thanks for the great post there BTW!

6. Specter

Specter New Member

Start a Conversation
    woo duplicate of HT

alright :bang:

7. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah, i know right?:) i hope that jdmchat stays clean and peaceful.

8. Specter

Specter New Member

Start a Conversation
    that's my job :D

[e-thug or no]

9. xjdmshezx

xjdmshezx New Member

Start a Conversation
    ..yeah the few times i went on honda tech and asked simple questions, all i got was people telling me how stupid it was or what ever. i was just asking how to do something, thats all..stupid flaming crap, people really have nothing else to do sometime but talk trash on the internet..