1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey everybody. Look here........

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by LudeActs, Sep 30, 2006.

1. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    Where is everybody at? Nobody has posted in the Prelude forum for weeks. Is everybody alright? Anyways, I just installed my Type S red valve cover. That shit is HOT. It is amazing how much of a difference it makes in the engine bay. Now I just have to clean the engine bay tomorrow. I'll go buy some Simple Green in the morning. It's been a couple months since I've done it and my nice shiny new valve cover looks a little out of place amongst all the dirty parts. It's not bad, but I'm picky. Yeah, so, c'mon guys. Post up.

Oh, before anybody asks, no, I don't have pics yet. They'll be up when I get around to it. The more responses I get to this thread, the faster I'll get some pics up. Some incentive for you guys to keep JDMC alive.

2. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    well, i'm not part of the BB Squad, but post some pics up mang. i wanna see the improved engine bay:thumbup:

3. delsolmidget

delsolmidget New Member

Start a Conversation
    dude i want to see how that looks get some pics

4. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    I'm working on it. I don't have a digital camera. I'm going to my uncle's house next week sometime to take pics of a CRX SiR gauge cluster I'm selling, so when I do that, I'll get shots of the engine bay at the same time. Let me tell you this thing is B-E-A-UTIFUL. I highly recommend a red valve cover for any DOHC VTEC motor. Nothing says "Honda" like seeing that gorgeous red powdercoat under the hood. My girlfriend kind of thinks it's a waste of money. She says that nobody ever sees it except for me, and for something that adds no performance she thought it was a little overpriced. But hey, I love it and it's my car. So :p

5. delsolmidget

delsolmidget New Member

Start a Conversation
    hells yes man!!! i love the red valve cover and who cares if it doesnt do anything for you or that you are the only one that will ever see it. it still looks good. cant wait to see the pics. by the way is it the H22?

6. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yes. it is.:woot:

7. delsolmidget

delsolmidget New Member

Start a Conversation
    then i really want to see that valve cover cause i have the same engine in my del sol and i was thinking about painting it red.

8. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    h22 del sol? I bet that thing hauls some ass.

9. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    Okay, ladies. The engine bay pics are coming tomorrow. I love poppin my hood for people. I went to my uncle's house to use the digital camera. When I popped the hood he's like "Damn, that's clean!" I was like " Eh, That's what everybody says. " I did just simple green everything and then dress all the rubber and plastic. Now it's all sexy. Ooooh, I love my H motor. I'll have the pics up tomorrow evening as long as he drops off the CD that he burned my pictures onto. Around 9:30 or 10:00 pm EST, if you can't wait to see 'em.

10. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
  11. 2000CivicHatch

2000CivicHatch New Member

Start a Conversation
    looks great! keep it up

12. delsolmidget

delsolmidget New Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah man when i get on it it hauls ass the engine is the pic by my name.
    and my girlfriend loves that vlave cover and the engine bay. its clean as shit man. by the way you wouldnt happen to have any of the alternator wire covers that go over the valve cover would you? mine was all f**ked up when i got the engine.

13. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    well, if the gf approves, then that's all that matters. LOL Nah, I don't have an extra alternator wire cover. what's wrong with yours? Cracked? Try junkyards. Ebay might even be tough on a part like that. You'd probably have to buy the whole wiring harness, unless you can find a Prelude being parted out.

14. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    Now with intake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aimg114.imageshack.us_img114_7619_dscn00693oy1.jpg
    aimg114.imageshack.us_img114_7619_dscn00693oy1.jpg

15. jdmSiR

jdmSiR New Member

Start a Conversation
    Nice looking engine bay, i know about being picky, i can stand a dirty engine bay for some reason, i still need to put some pics up, maybe by nest week i will be able to show my H22A and the others.

my girl hates when it's time to clean the engines for one i clean everything and armarol every pice of plastic and rubber so it takes me a long time and in top of that i have 3 cars that i love to keep clean and on the road.

congrats it looks real good.

16. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    LOL. Me too, except I usually do mine on a Saturday while my girl is at work. She gets mad enough at me for the constant washing. Goddamn Nighthawk Black Pearl is so hard to keep clean, but so worth it. Yeah, my bay is amazingly clean, and it has been since I bought the car about 6 months ago, so I figured I'd better keep it that way and not let it go to Hell, because I have seen some REALLY dirty Prelude engine bays online, and it makes me sad.:(

17. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    Here's a better picture:

aimg139.imageshack.us_img139_4572_dscn0069kk3.jpg
    aimg139.imageshack.us_img139_4572_dscn0069kk3.jpg

18. 2000bb6

2000bb6 New Member

Start a Conversation
    ludeacts ur lude is auto?????

19. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    YEP YEP YEP. You got a problem with that? LOL
    I know about the stigma behind the SS Auto trannies, but mine is surprisingly great with 100K on the clock. I keep waiting for it to start slipping, but it hasn't yet. (Knock on wood) I'm gonna be changing that ATF every 15K and hopefully it'll last a while, as I don't have money for a manual swap anytime soon. I do plan on swapping it out one day because you can't tune an OBDII computer, and you can't have OBDI with the SS Auto. But I don't have anything worth tuning yet, so.... It's a work in progress. I'd buy a manual swap with my tax return, but I want HID retrofits instead. I don't really beat on my car, so I am not too worried about it. Shit, I just broke the tires loose for the first time the other day, and I've owned the car for 6 months. Although, I was turning and I puched it, so I don't know if that even counts. LOL. But yeah, all the same... It's still a Prelude. If I wanted something quick off the line, I would've sunk my $10 grand into a swapped crx. Instead I opted for the "Sexiest and Best Handling Car For The Money" Category. I think I chose well.

20. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    lookin good man. black is by far the hardest color to keep clean but, when it is, its my favorite! nice lude :thumbup: