1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

honda zc engine

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by Thrule01, May 24, 2006.

1. tzekos

tzekos New Member

Start a Conversation
    thanks for yours answer but 2 times the meccanic change the headgasket and the problem is not resolved,,allso i put a chemical add and for 600 km was ok then the problem is comeback,, maybe my zc have a crack in an other place,,and i have no idea to do,,is not poss to find an other one motor,,in greece ,,the car is very :banghead:

2. ef legacy

ef legacy New Member

Start a Conversation
    Maybe you need a new mechanic? It shouldnt take 2 times replacing the HG to not know there is a crack somewhere or that the head could be warped. Did he even have the head checked, and resurfaced if needed?

3. tzekos

tzekos New Member

Start a Conversation
    thanks for your attention i done this work in 2 diff mechanics,,
    :eek:hsnap: the same dellusion,,my crx ,,not works and dying in the parking place
    whating for the solution or for demolition

4. Eghatchy

Eghatchy New Member

Start a Conversation
    i got a single cam jdm zc vtec & i love it!

5. ef legacy

ef legacy New Member

Start a Conversation
    Is the car overheating?

Not trying to tell your mechanic how to do his job but the head should have been checked for cracks and to see if it warped. Not only the head should be checked, but the block should be checked also for cracks, Seeing as you said the oil is STILL mixing with the coolant, there is a great chance for a cracked head or block. Even small cracks can cause premature HG failure.

Also if you will be pulling the head gasket again, take the time to flush out the entire clooling system as well as the radiator so that you start with all NEW coolant in the system.

On the other hand, if you didnt flush the radiator when you did the HG job the other 2 times AND the car isnt overheating, you can just have false alarms from residual oil that wasnt properly flushed out from the get go.

6. tzekos

tzekos New Member

Start a Conversation
    zc 16v-16i doch 1987mod

really they dont check the engineblock for cracks only the head,,
    the mechanics said that is a total damage if the block is broken and is money loose to try to fix it so change engine,,but the problem is what type of :hithead: engine can i put in my old crx cost effect?

7. ef legacy

ef legacy New Member

Start a Conversation
    Blocks can crack, the water jackets can crack if the heat and pressure is high enough.

Anyway, the most cost effective way to get your car back into a running state is to buy another replacement single cam. If your car is a SI or HF model then your lucky because the wiring will be easy for most all swaps. Two simple jdm replacement motors that will bolt right in are the SOHC ZC motor and D15B motors.

NOTE: If your CRX is a base or DX model,for your wiring ease, you will want to look for a compatible Dual carb motor such as the D15B2. If you decide to go with a PGM-FI motor you will have to convert from DPFI to MPFI.

You can also look for a used USDM motor if you are here in the states?