1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda's new Si the best yet?

Discussion in '06-Up Civic' started by Daniel, May 2, 2006.

?

Which was the best Si?

1. 06 Civic Si

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. 02-05 Civic Si

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 99-00 Civic Si

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. 92-95 Civic Si

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. 88-91 Civic/CRX Si

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Who cares, Honda should abandon the Si altogether!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    So Honda is really marketing this Si as going back to the roots of the Import Scene, you've seen the commercials. More aggressive styling, options, and power. Is this the best Si ever?:confused:

2. cabezzzdb8

cabezzzdb8 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well lets see, Honda has NEVER been fair to us,the Honda market for the US has been nothing but leftovers since the SI name was reintroduced in 89 with the CRX and the civic hatch, first of all they were not called SI's in anywhere else in the word, they were SIR, powered by a then new still revolutionary VTEC 1.6 litter powerplant, pushing 160 hp on a 2000 pound car, if we had gotten this motor back then, imagine what a head start we would had gotted on the Honda culture, but instead we got a D16a6 no even vtec with 109 hp, ok still pepy but not even close

92 comes along, hey the SI name is still alive, like it matters because there's nothing special about it, the hatch desing itself is what's special but it;s motor again a is not up to par with the hatch potencial, what do we get a D16z6 sohc vtec engine, comes also in the EX coupe and sedan which makes the SI sticker on the hatch well just a sticker, well the desing itself is what's sparked everything as we know today and once entusiats started putting real engines in there it was all over, but Honda again giving us leftovers, but I guess some engineer managed to get 20 del SOL'S fitted with the B16 so nobody would notice and sent them here, Thanks honda for putting them on Del Sol's, the most popular car you ever had on sales

96 comes and SI is no longer, still we get the a sohc vtec engine on the EX model coupe, BUT NOT ON THE HATCH, NOT EVEN THAT, WTF now the hatch is just a true economy car here while civic's type R are smiling across the ocean, with their 185 ps motors, breaking records lef and right, NOT EVEN REAR DISC BRAKES,just sad, Honda just did it this time

99 comes along and I guess Honda USA finnaly got up their knees and demanded an upscale trim on their most selling car in years, (and accord too of course) what do we get, a great deal, not the best deal but great, you know Honda is not gonna go all out for us cuz we buy too many of them, that's not fair to us to have variety on the line up, so here it come the 99 Civic SI coupe, yes coupe not hatch, well I still remember when it first came out, the commercials of the EBP civic, ohh man, caused commotion on the import industry too, every magazine wanted to do a road test on in and put it against all the cars in it's class, killing everything on it's path, one of the best tries Honda has ever made to make the pople that buy theire cars happy, never the less is was and still is a great and desirable car,but my questin is, Why not sooner?

02 arrives and Honda has great new for us, were goona get a brand new spankin Civic brand new Front MacPherson Struts eliminating the double wishbone set up who hoo, but wait the big news the SI is still here in a Hatch, OMG everybody is astounded, coud this be true we are actually getting the whole deal while england is churning ITR EP3's with 200 ps, well not quite, 160 hp to a Wooping 6500 RPM redline wow, same hp as the year before, but only one diference that year before is STLL faster and handles better, oh no what do we do, well sales are not doing so good because the SI name now an icon on the import maket, people expect more and is just being put on on some experiment that didnt work too good, well it gets carried over till 06 pretty much unchanged, boring

Well the 06 SI is here and on paper looks great, seen it in person, like the looks, coupe doent hurt, 200 hp on a 6 speed tranny doent hurt at all, im liking it so far, lets see if Honda can get the SI name up to par again with all its hype.

Sorry im at work im bored

3. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    My favorite has always been the EM1 '99 - '00 Civic Si.

4. jdm b18c ek6

jdm b18c ek6 New Member

Start a Conversation
    same.... i have the motor in my EK

5. cabezzzdb8

cabezzzdb8 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I want a 91 SI hatch and put a GSR motor on it, but no luck so far, it has to be a SI thought cuz of the sunroof lol

6. EJ1 Freak

EJ1 Freak New Member

Start a Conversation
    The EM1 will always be the best si imo! :thumbup:

7. integra-dc2

integra-dc2 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I think out of all of all the honda's so far the new civic si is the lightest and has more horsepower compared to the previous 4 cylinder models made by honda except for the s2k.