1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

houston we have a problem

Discussion in '92-95 Civic' started by deadpirate, Aug 15, 2006.

1. deadpirate

deadpirate New Member

Start a Conversation
    Ok....sooo...my friend from school has a 1994 honda civic dx...it is riced out...the only things missing from completeing the ricyness is a huge spoiler...vinyls, and some weird altezzas(im not knocking altezzas..but it would look ugly on his car)

now..he has agreed to let me help him turn his car JDM cuz he just got it out of the impound lot and he is tired of getting harassed by the poilce...soooooo
    we are getting the buddy club P1 racing II plus in hyper gold painting that muther black taking out the stock seats...adding a clean front bumper and rear bumper...removing the side skirts...and fixing the suspension...as well asdoing an engine swap...no here is where you guys come in

#1 what kind of engine should we get
    #2 where can i find a clean and suttle body kit???
    #3 seats...
    #4 did this car come in a SI model?? if so..where can i find a si guage cluster???
    #5 any ideas will help...im gunna try to getsome pics up soon to give you an idea of what i have to try to work with

2. 2000CivicHatch

2000CivicHatch New Member

Start a Conversation
    #1: Depends. Do you want to drag, auto-x, or daily drive. do you want to go turbo or N/A? What is the budget like? etc...

#2: I don't believe anyone makes a clean and subtle body kit for 92-95 civics. Stock is always nice.

#3: Depends. Do you want buckets? Do you want stock? What is your price range? Would you conisder leather? Do you want a full interior?

#4: Yes, the 92-95 came in the Si model. I believe only hatches were though. Look around online; JHPUSA, JDMLand, maybe even password:JDM. Also, Honda-Tech has a user classified section that is really good for finding cheap/used parts. :eek:hsnap:<-Click smiley to go there.

#5: Definitely get some pics.

Hope that helps man.

3. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    I say just get the oem bumpers and add a lip kit. You dont have to be JDM to be cool, but you do at least have to be OEM. =) post some pics!

4. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    This is what I'd do:

#1: B1BC1 (GS-R)
    #2: Just get OEM bumper and a CF lip
    #3: JDM Recaro's
    #4: Si Gauge Cluster (Check H-T marketplace)
    #5: Get pics

5. deadpirate

deadpirate New Member

Start a Conversation
    its a sedan..i failed to mention that...im just trying to geta list of stuff for him to look at and get a nice idea of what he wants to go with...the budget is gunna be kinda small to start..as he is just barley gunna get a job before we tear into his car...

6. deadpirate

deadpirate New Member

Start a Conversation
  7. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    budget JDM in my opinion:
    1. SOHC vtec-with Si trans(thats important), if its really clean it looks nice, and clean is free. cheap header with heat wrap (heat wrap hides the cheap name) OEM airbox with aftermarket intake pipe. http://www.cardomain.com/member_pag...es/11/web/2051000-2051999/2051521_49_full.jpg
    (try not to get anything in any wild colors)
    2. OEM plastic lip. spoon "style" mirrors. amber corners. EBAY EBAY EBAY
    3. since eg civics have that ghay headrest you might try to pick up a set of del-sol seats. should bolt right in. buy some alacantar(sp?) fake suede in red, or black with red stitching. have them re-covered w/o the center stripe.
    4. gauge cluster shouldnt be hard to find
    5. and get pics!
    this is only what i would do on a BUDGET! you cant really be JDM on a budget, you can only have the JDM look. if your friend can wait and save money he should get the real stuff. quality parts are more respected. take it from me (and alot of other people) saving up to get the good, real, stuff is worth the wait! good luck! :)

8. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation

good advice

9. SiRalex16v

SiRalex16v New Member

Start a Conversation

#1 what kind of engine should we get- Usually a more in-expensive way to go but still going the right way is getting a second Gen B16.. that was my First swap ... it was a nice option... if thats still out of your budget... get a single cam V-tec motor swap for a 99-00 ex...

#2 where can i find a clean and suttle body kit??? There really isn't any... you can just get a nice front lip and lower it and it will look clean already .. if you know the JDM style ... body kits are usually not the case. even an imitation spoon lip of something like that would be cool

#3 seats... Get some Recaro's ... if thats out of your budget .. GSR seats are a nice touch and cheaper..

#4 did this car come in a SI model?? if so..where can i find a si guage cluster??? Get an SiR one .. those are nice .. if your a little more of a balla then you can now do S2K guage cluster .. parts cost about 250 and clust is about the same...

#5 any ideas will help...im gunna try to getsome pics up soon to give you an idea of what i have to try to work with/ dude you can find pix on the clean hatch thread .... there are tones of cars there you can look at...:woot: